ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY...

22 minutes ago, ironlips said:

This subject is absolutely on topic.

Many a man back then was unceremoniously evicted by his wife, significant other, friends and/or family for grievances related to his obsession with drum corps.

I don't know where Felix marched, but his over-the-top OCD fastidiousness would have been SOP in many a corps. Just consider some of the now quaint and outdated elements of the activity in those halcyon times: Inspection, Tics, FM 22-5 Drill and Ceremonies requirements, silence on the field, tempo restrictions, flag code...etc.

Felix Unger's personality was perfectly suited to drum corps, neurotic to a fault.

'Scuse me while I go polish my white bucks.

One of my favorite “bus stories” while in an Alumni corps. As told by an ex Pittsburgh Rocket: “So we’re leaving town to go to a show but our bus turns off the highway and heads into a suburb. There’s one of our guys standing on the corner with his horn and uniform. Couldn’t figure it out until I heard. “Thought your wife wasn’t going to let you be with us this weekend” “oh bleep her, she thinks I went out for the paper.”” 😬

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Continental said:

Is there are chance you are confusing Neil Pert with Madonna?

Ooops. Sorry. You are right. Felix marched with Madonna and then later on during his age-out year, with Lady Gaga

21 hours ago, MikeD said:

He marched with with Bob Barker, before Barker died.   😀

Maybe after too?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ironlips said:

This subject is absolutely on topic.

Many a man back then was unceremoniously evicted by his wife, significant other, friends and/or family for grievances related to his obsession with drum corps.

I don't know where Felix marched, but his over-the-top OCD fastidiousness would have been SOP in many a corps. Just consider some of the now quaint and outdated elements of the activity in those halcyon times: Inspection, Tics, FM 22-5 Drill and Ceremonies requirements, silence on the field, tempo restrictions, flag code...etc.

Felix Unger's personality was perfectly suited to drum corps, neurotic to a fault.

'Scuse me while I go polish my white bucks.

DCP post for THE WIN!

• Like 1