Another vaccine, 94.5% effective

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/16/moderna-says-its-coronavirus-vaccine-is-more-than-94percent-effective.html

In breaking news at sun-up this morning, the Moderna vaccine candidate is showing 94.5% efficacy against COVID-19.  It introduces other advantages, chief among which is that it does not require the ultra-cold storage conditions of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.

Could this be good news for the drum corps activity?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look gang, this is all great news. And I want drum corps back as much as the next person. But the real world doesn't work like that. Even if they can get the vaccine's out in Q2 2021, there will be ad

Probably everyone here wants a season.  Nearly every one of them has said so specifically. Take myself as an example.  I want a season, desperately.  And another, and another after that. For

16 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Good Morning drum corps planet. This is good news for Drum Corps, and the untied states. I mentioned in another topic that their might be more good news coming. Thanks for sharing. 

Yes there might be a light at the end of the tunnel but these are trial runs which seems promising. But again availability of these once they are approved probably won't be until early summer to early fall. X fingers there are not major side effects to a covid vaccine because that would be the sticking point and whether people are willing to take it.

18 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Yes there might be a light at the end of the tunnel but these are trial runs which seems promising. But again availability of these once they are approved probably won't be until early summer to early fall. X fingers there are not major side effects to a covid vaccine because that would be the sticking point and whether people are willing to take it.

From the Moderna article....

"The goal is to provide enough coronavirus vaccine doses to all Americans who want to be vaccinated against the disease by the second quarter of 2021, Azar said."

• Thanks 1

More good news. This vaccine doesn’t need to be stored at as low a temp as the Pfizer vaccine. Just heard on BBC radio that the results were based upon a group of 94 people getting a placebo and 5 getting the vaccine. That’s a very small test group. 

6 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

More good news. This vaccine doesn’t need to be stored at as low a temp as the Pfizer vaccine. Just heard on BBC radio that the results were based upon a group of 94 people getting a placebo and 5 getting the vaccine. That’s a very small test group. 

Hopefully a start in the right direction but for now only a start. Know we’re all pretty much burned out after starting 9th month of real nastiness. But let’s take this one day at a time and not jump the gun thinking we’re home free right now. Lot of steps to go yet....

9th month .... know that as crap hit the fan 2 weeks after I retired. Double whammy of no longer have 40 years of work routine and safer not to do my after retirement trip list so home even more. But will accept that PITA (pain in the ...) to try to protect my family, loved one and friends better. And that includes people from age 70 to 14 months.

10 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

No, the test group was 30,000 test subjects. Of the ones who got the placebo, 94 got covid. Of the ones who got the vaccine only 5 got covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
28 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

This info is not what the study said. There were more than 99 people involved in the test group. 

52 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Per the article I linked, the test group was 30,000 people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1