Michael Boo: RIP

So saddened to hear this news. From reading the linear notes on the CDs back in the day, to his blog during nats week, to just getting to chat for a short amount of time every year at championships, he was a true ambassador of the activity.  I like to think he was the face of the everyday fan that is all of us who love this activity.  

That humor. That connoisseur of all things pageantry. The smile and friendship. The wisdom and snark. I first met Mike as he performed his hysterical rendition of Karnac (renamed Boo-nac) at a Drum Corps World party. 26 years later, through decades of working side-by-side for DCI, we chatted and mourned the loss of the season over the phone this past summer. And now I mourn your passing. You were one-of-a-kind, Mike. And we all loved you for it. You will be missed: your expansive knowledge, quirky humor, and, of course the dedicated passion. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

#### cancer. RIP Mike. i'll miss our chats in Pineville. you were one of the activity's better angels

Rest in peace, Mike. Such a great man.