Michael Boo: RIP

Michael Boo was a tireless promoter of the activity, always enthusiastic in his writing for DCI's program notes, liner notes for audio recordings, and the DCI website, including, of course, the famous recap analyses. He was a valued participant in these forums and his self-deprecating humor was always a joy. Memory eternal.

• Like 3

Michael would post on here all the time.  Always positive.  So often hilarious.  He had such a wit.

I did not know what he was going through up until yesterday.  I have just read his Facebook postings and he seemed at peace with what he was going through.  That made reading them so much harder.

I remember his dedication to his brother, sometimes mentioned on here.  

Let's be kind to one another.  We don't know what everyone else is going through. 

Edited by Continental
  • Like 5

Thought about Mikes brother too and wondering his status. Have friend whose sister is like the female “Rain Man” with memorizing birthdays and sending cards but can’t take care of herself. Sister lived at family home but in middle of Covid mom and sis had to go into different assisted living locations. You never know what extra people may be dealing with.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thought about Mikes brother too and wondering his status. Have friend whose sister is like the female “Rain Man” with memorizing birthdays and sending cards but can’t take care of herself. Sister lived at family home but in middle of Covid mom and sis had to go into different assisted living locations. You never know what extra people may be dealing with.

DCP has missed so many members lately.  

Mike's passing has brought many back in dedication to his contribution to the activity.  

Skevinp referenced early DCP in a prior post to another new member.  He was right in many ways.  I see many long lost contributors who gave tribute to MB. 

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1

is it just me, or is anyone else ###### off there is NOTHING on the DCI website about Michael?

• Like 2