Michael Boo: RIP

He was the arranger for winds at the HS I attended, as well as the first arranger I used when I began teaching band. He was a great friend, advocate, and just an all around great person to know. He will be missed.

• Like 1

Michael Boo = Drum Corps.  I always loved reading his blogs about the shows.  I exchanged several messages here on DCP and would always le him know how much he was appreciated. 

Michael would always set the record straight if he knew the truth.  

RIP Michael.  You will be missed.  

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

is it just me, or is anyone else ###### off there is NOTHING on the DCI website about Michael?

Updated.

https://www.dci.org/news/prolific-marching-arts-author-michael-boo-dies-at-65

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

[shako off]

In tribute to his Chesterton roots, we stand at attention as the Trojan Guard plays Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

57 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Should get out the 1975 Legacy DVD this weekend as he is in Cavaliers horn line somewhere. Thought he was close to my age, but seeing it in print 😬

4 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

that was ####### excellent. bravo DCI

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

that was ####### excellent. bravo DCI

I just read it myself.  Hearing both Jade and hitting up 1989 Phantom reminds me how much I miss that sound.

Rest easy, Mr. Boo.  The world was better because you were in it, and we have an immeasurable hole to fill now that you're gone.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 5:17 PM, drumcorpsfan4567 said:

RIP... gone too soon 😢

I WAS THE HORN INSTRUCTOR FOR CAVALIERS IN THE 70'S WHEN MIKE JOINED. At the time, the corps consisted of mostly the remains of the early 70's and late 60's hard-### diehard members of the "green machine" IMEE-  IRON MEN OF an EARLIER ERA. Mike boo was such a difference to us that we embraced him as an intelligent, humorist, drum corps geek that the members were not familiar with on his level of integration into the corps. His individualism was accepted unanimously in both the horn and drum lines even though he seemed such a square peg  in a round hole. Any confrontation would often result in a humorous and logical explanation that often left members encouraged, smarter and amused at the same time.

Since then ,I had only seen and talked to him a few times, but it was always a great experience.

even though I haven't been involved in DCI or DCA for some time now, he will always be one of the people I will always remember as a friend.

• Like 3