2021 if not full season then......???!

Had enough closed threads about vaccines, not having any DC in 2021, when to really start, etc etc

If not a full (2019 type) season then what are suggestions for ANYTHING corps can do to keep interest in the activity for fans and potential members. Thinking lot of internet involved but having seen DCI and DCA live webcasts 🙄. Thoughts can be shows, other types of performances or even just something to remind people the activity still exists. (Just realized this sounds like some corps that went inactive but kept things going just enough to come back)

edit after reading continentals below post: suggestions can be for the individual corps and/or DCI organization 

Setting the stop watch to see how quick this gets closed. Lost track as think I’m 3 out 3 or 4 out of 4 with threads I started getting closed. 😖😡

Edited by JimF-LowBari

32 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Had enough closed threads about vaccines, not having any DC in 2021, when to really start, etc etc

If not a full (2019 type) season then what are suggestions for ANYTHING corps can do to keep interest in the activity for fans and potential members. Thinking lot of internet involved but having seen DCI and DCA live webcasts 🙄. Thoughts can be shows, other types of performances or even just something to remind people the activity still exists. (Just realized this sounds like some corps that went inactive but kept things going just enough to come back)

Setting the stop watch to see how quick this gets closed. Lost track as think I’m 3 out 3 or 4 out of 4 with threads I started getting closed. 😖😡

Fixed the first line because it's not just those threads that get shut down. 

The activity requires a lot of planning and support.   It needs to generate significant revenue to support itself.   A full season generates that kind of revenue (famous last words I know).

I can't help but think aiming to produce "something" will be much more expensive and not produce that revenue - further jeopardizing the survival of many corps.

As for the label "Bubble" mentioned in another thread....three thoughts come to mind:

1. Mr. Bubble (fun, sudsy)

2. Boy in the Plastic Bubble (heartbreaking, sad)

3. Hamster Ball (just don't let it reach the top of the stairs)

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just received a nasty gram PM saying I should quit opening topics since I have “no skin in the game” and “obviously have no idea what you are talking about”.

Reported......

So much for trying to have a ####### conversation here...

And seriously what percentage of dcpers have “skin in the game” outside of being fans. Or should “only fans” just shut up and leave dcp?

Any paying fan of drum corps has skin in the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just received a nasty gram PM saying I should quit opening topics since I have “no skin in the game” and “obviously have no idea what you are talking about”.

Reported......

So much for trying to have a ####### conversation here...

And seriously what percentage of dcpers have “skin in the game” outside of being fans. Or should “only fans” just shut up and leave dcp?

Theres some who do but Wow!

There has been many over the years who I may have wanted to say that to ( Thankfully, most are gone from  here because it was more of an argument for them than concern about the activity ) BUT you have been a gracious contributor...and thank you

• Thanks 3

Thank you both. Participated on the all age side and not able to follow as much as I liked the last few years due to family issues. Now able to enjoy the activity more but....

Have been with a corps that came back from being inactive (twice) and an Alumni type corps that reinvented itself to survive. So have seen the “outside the box” thinking at work and was looking for ideas for this era.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thank you both. Participated on the all age side and not able to follow as much as I liked the last few years due to family issues. Now able to enjoy the activity more but....

Have been with a corps that came back from being inactive (twice) and an Alumni type corps that reinvented itself to survive. So have seen the “outside the box” thinking at work as was looking for ideas.

Bottom line is that you were ( are ) never a rude contributor and very honest of what you know and like you just said, NOT pretending.. Ignore the Troll!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

edit after reading continentals below post: suggestions can be for the individual corps and/or DCI organization 

if someone sent you a nasty gram, report it

13 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

if someone sent you a nasty gram, report it

First thing I did. Then blocked the person from sending any more

39 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I'm in for a short 2021 tour or bubble.  Anyone have tickets for sale?  😷  :thumbup:

Let me turn my printer on and download some software from fake####.com 😈

• Haha 1