2021 if not full season then......???!

43 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I'm in for a short 2021 tour or bubble.  Anyone have tickets for sale?  😷  :thumbup:

These groups are not flush with cash.   I hope that as a result of this experience "rainy day" funds are increased for the next "inevitable."

Has DCI sent a questionnaire to it's fan base to ask what their attitudes are to any proposals for a shortened 2021 season and their willingness to participate in it?

For me, that would be a critical requirement as to whether any proposal moves forward.

• Like 1

Thanksgiving traveling has begun and our family are slowly making our way to grandmas for this upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday. So our usual life discussions began. Drum Corps came up and I was talking to my brother in law from Arizona yesterday evening. He had covid-19 a few months back is doing fine. Well he brought up something I had not thought about and I think it is a good idea. Housing keeps coming up here as a problem so why not use Church's? Church's are more than likely going to help out. More than public schools the church run private schools tend to be open. The other topic we discussed was there is not a need to have a long tour to have a season. They could have a limited amount of shows ending in Indianapolis. The vaccine gets us one step closer every day. The future is brighter today than it was yesterday when it comes to the possibilities of marching in 2021. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Thanksgiving traveling has begun and our family are slowly making our way to grandmas for this upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday. So our usual life discussions began. Drum Corps came up and I was talking to my brother in law from Arizona yesterday evening. He had covid-19 a few months back is doing fine. Well he brought up something I had not thought about and I think it is a good idea. Housing keeps coming up here as a problem so why not use Church's? Church's are more than likely going to help out. More than public schools the church run private schools tend to be open. The other topic we discussed was there is not a need to have a long tour to have a season. They could have a limited amount of shows ending in Indianapolis. The vaccine gets us one step closer every day. The future is brighter today than it was yesterday when it comes to the possibilities of marching in 2021. 

I would prefer that the activity be secular. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Continental said:

These groups are not flush with cash.   I hope that as a result of this experience "rainy day" funds are increased for the next "inevitable."

Has DCI sent a questionnaire to it's fan base to ask what their attitudes are to any proposals for a shortened 2021 season and their willingness to participate in it?

For me, that would be a critical requirement as to whether any proposal moves forward.

The forums have a poll where it is in favor there could be a 2021 season. That is even in this forum where it is extremely negative towards marching in 2021. I looked at the results are 50.96% to 49.04%. 

1 minute ago, Continental said:

I would prefer that the activity be secular. 

If you use a Private School Gym you are no longer neutral? I'm not certain but a few drum corps roots are tied to churches in some way. No matter what good idea or good news that comes up there are peeps who will poke holes in it and take it into a negative depressing directions. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

The forums have a poll where it is in favor there could be a 2021 season. That is even in this forum where it is extremely negative towards marching in 2021. I looked at the results are 50.96% to 49.04%. 

I know you want the short season to occur.  Good for you.  Your seem quite determined. 

I want to win a million dollars.  Every week I hope for the million dollars.  I also want the dream car I've been looking at for years.  Every week I want that dream car

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Any paying fan of drum corps has skin in the game.

Can't find the post you replied to for quoting and had to look up skin in the game. Someone posted a message saying they can't post because they are not a fan or marching? I don't understand so I'm sorry for the question. 

3 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

If you use a Private School Gym you are no longer neutral? I'm not certain but a few drum corps roots are tied to churches in some way. No matter what good idea or good news that comes up there are peeps who will poke holes in it and take it into a negative depressing directions. 

You have a huge misconception on drum corps today. Maybe you were listening to someone who spoke about drum corps from the 50s and 60s..That kind of community support stopped decades ago

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

I really wish DCI would operate it's business based on DCP polls. 

• Haha 2