2021 if not full season then......???!

1 minute ago, Continental said:

I know you want the short season to occur.  Good for you.  Your see quite determined. 

I want to win a million dollars.  Every week I hope for the million dollars.  I also want the dream car I've been looking at for years.  Every week I want that dream c

Its not the same wining money and wanting to have a season to march in, your argument is demeaning and you are trying to treat me as naïve or infantine. There are more than one to treat me this way here, which is probably why the topics keep getting closed. 

2 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Its not the same wining money and wanting to have a season to march in, your argument is demeaning and you are trying to treat me as naïve or infantine. There are more than one to treat me this way here, which is probably why the topics keep getting closed. 

I'm going to stop.

Up until this point I have given you the benefit of the doubt that you may not have been exposed to the reality of social media or this forum.

I suspect you are someone who was banned previously who has come back to cause trouble. 

Edited by Continental
  • Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Can't find the post you replied to for quoting and had to look up skin in the game. Someone posted a message saying they can't post because they are not a fan or marching? I don't understand so I'm sorry for the question. 

It was deleted by the mods.... 

7 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

You have a huge misconception on drum corps today. Maybe you were listening to someone who spoke about drum corps from the 50s and 60s..That kind of community support stopped decades ago

So many times many here have said that covid-19 times have changed. That does not mean that drum corps can't change to meet these new times we live in. Nothing is stopping corps from going outside the normal routes for housing, money, food. Every good business model I study has something in common, the business did not settle to do same practice over and over to become successful. They change. 

My brother in law was not alive then so the answer is no. 

Edited by O'Neal's
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, O'Neal's said:

So many times many here have said that covid-19 times have changed. That does not mean that drum corps can't change to meet these new times we live in. Nothing is stopping corps from going outside the normal routes for housing, money, food. Every good business model I study has something in common, the business did not settle to do same practice over and over to become successful. They change. 

Do you actually think those in charge have not tried things over the years to push forward the activity. Do you not think those in charge have exhausted ways ?

Independent guards and drum lines even have the worst time just getting a facility for any kind of rehearsal . 

• Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Thanksgiving traveling has begun and our family are slowly making our way to grandmas for this upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday. So our usual life discussions began. Drum Corps came up and I was talking to my brother in law from Arizona yesterday evening. He had covid-19 a few months back is doing fine. Well he brought up something I had not thought about and I think it is a good idea. Housing keeps coming up here as a problem so why not use Church's? Church's are more than likely going to help out. More than public schools the church run private schools tend to be open. The other topic we discussed was there is not a need to have a long tour to have a season. They could have a limited amount of shows ending in Indianapolis. The vaccine gets us one step closer every day. The future is brighter today than it was yesterday when it comes to the possibilities of marching in 2021. 

I was hoping for some ideas to be thrown out and thank you. I have no experience with church run schools but sat on church council for a number of years. (Yeah they had problems finding people 😆) My experience is churches have caught up with the legal world and will want the same type of liability and other protection as secular organizations. And if a new organization wants to use the facilities the church will go thru everything with the proverbial “fine tooth comb” to make sure the church is protected no matter what. 

38 minutes ago, Continental said:

These groups are not flush with cash.   I hope that as a result of this experience "rainy day" funds are increased for the next "inevitable."

Has DCI sent a questionnaire to it's fan base to ask what their attitudes are to any proposals for a shortened 2021 season and their willingness to participate in it?

For me, that would be a critical requirement as to whether any proposal moves forward.

to date they have not, they just held the money

38 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Thanksgiving traveling has begun and our family are slowly making our way to grandmas for this upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday. So our usual life discussions began. Drum Corps came up and I was talking to my brother in law from Arizona yesterday evening. He had covid-19 a few months back is doing fine. Well he brought up something I had not thought about and I think it is a good idea. Housing keeps coming up here as a problem so why not use Church's? Church's are more than likely going to help out. More than public schools the church run private schools tend to be open. The other topic we discussed was there is not a need to have a long tour to have a season. They could have a limited amount of shows ending in Indianapolis. The vaccine gets us one step closer every day. The future is brighter today than it was yesterday when it comes to the possibilities of marching in 2021. 

churches are limiting availability even to their own membership in many places, let alone outside groups. 

3 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

In my opinion many in charge are thinking in the past and have an closed attitude to change. 

Reason why I keep saying “thinking outside the box” and “hope no one expects the next season to be just like 2019”.

Also reason why when I mentioned being in a corps that had been inactive twice but I didn’t say what they did to come back. 2021 sure as hell ain’t 1984 and (gag) 1974.