2021 if not full season then......???!

20 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Its not the same wining money and wanting to have a season to march in, your argument is demeaning and you are trying to treat me as naïve or infantine. There are more than one to treat me this way here, which is probably why the topics keep getting closed. 

actually it is very much the same...it's hoping for something you really want. and topics get closed often because go report happy when someone posts something they don't like, or someone refuses to listen to discussion and keeps posting the same thing over and over again.

how DCP operates and how tour logistics and liability works have something in common....you're not really up to speed on either. and thats ok, at your age i wouldnt have understood either myself

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

So many times many here have said that covid-19 times have changed. That does not mean that drum corps can't change to meet these new times we live in. Nothing is stopping corps from going outside the normal routes for housing, money, food. Every good business model I study has something in common, the business did not settle to do same practice over and over to become successful. They change. 

My brother in law was not alive then so the answer is no. 

one key word you continue to ignore:

liability

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

Really?  And how do you know this. Let me tell you something. Longevity in this activity is not just random. I have seen so many young people over the years with all the answers on every subject come and go, often fast. I know I was one of them until I was told by a very wise icon of the activity " talk less  , listen more " IT WORKED"

Now I have seen many young also do the opposite and are fantastic and give great contributions to the activity. I mentor many who have had  huge success in all aspects of the activity. 

I answered your question or responded about churches as far as support BUT like many who do answer your posts you clearly do not want to hear what many have to say and that is more than ok. You don't have to discuss it with those who just might have some insight if thats what you choose , that is your right BUT you must expect pushback especially when you attack or claim to know about " closed attitudes toward change "

the refusal to reply to well thought out reasoned commentary shows a true troll approach. Ahhhh youth

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Continental said:

I would like to point out that trolling is against the guidelines for this forum.

https://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/guidelines/

"--flaming or trolling posts"

people gotta hit the report button, but in moderation and with well reasoned intentions. just hitting the report button because you don't like what something posts can backfire on the reporter

5 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Really?  And how do you know this. Let me tell you something. Longevity in this activity is not just random. I have seen so many young people over the years with all the answers on every subject come and go, often fast. I know I was one of them until I was told by a very wise icon of the activity " talk less  , listen more " IT WORKED"

Now I have seen many young also do the opposite and are fantastic and give great contributions to the activity. I mentor many who have had  huge success in all aspects of the activity. 

I answered your question or responded about churches as far as support BUT like many who do answer your posts you clearly do not want to hear what many have to say and that is more than ok. You don't have to discuss it with those who just might have some insight if thats what you choose , that is your right BUT you must expect pushback especially when you attack or claim to know about " closed attitudes toward change "

How is my opinion an attack? There are many I march with that believe a elitist attitude exist within drum corps. That is their opinion and I share it. Many things before covid-19 could have been done to promote the corps but in many ways it is driven by outdated past model of success. Proven here when someone has different opinion and overwhelmingly there are posts to put those ideas down. Liabilities are something that can be overcome with negotiation and discussion. Instead of even trying everyone downplay the suggestions. Then get angry and start to make accusations. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

people gotta hit the report button, but in moderation and with well reasoned intentions. just hitting the report button because you don't like what something posts can backfire on the reporter

Yesterday was the first day I actually read the guidelines.

The result I got from that was thinking the moderators really are "moderate" - not iron fisted.

1 minute ago, Continental said:

The result I got from that was thinking the moderators really are "moderate" - not iron fisted.

Lol I met one of the mods at DCA one year. Yesterday I asked a question and then found the answer 😖. Had to send another message saying “found it.. sorry...”

Just now, O'Neal's said:

How is my opinion an attack? There are many I march with that believe a elitist attitude exist within drum corps. That is their opinion and I share it. Many things before covid-19 could have been done to promote the corps but in many ways it is driven by outdated past model of success. Proven here when someone has different opinion and overwhelmingly there are posts to put those ideas down. Liabilities are something that can be overcome with negotiation and discussion. Instead of even trying everyone downplay the suggestions. Then get angry and start to make accusations. 

Opinion is one thing, That's fine Ignoring what the other person has to say is something different.

You seem to have very strong " Opinions" on a subject those who may actually have done this, and well. I suggest, clearly you are quite passionate and believe in you opinion so implement it, talk to someone who wants to hear it, try it, etc etc. A ,message board does not do it . 

As far as the elite, maybe ask how they got there, what needed to be done, WHY they achieved greatness, how they mentored some of the greats in the activity before you or others disrespect the very people why the activity is even alive today. Anyone who was part of greatness in the activity and I dont mean placements or scores would know this. Others Whine.