2021 if not full season then......???!

55 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

If you use a Private School Gym you are no longer neutral? I'm not certain but a few drum corps roots are tied to churches in some way. No matter what good idea or good news that comes up there are peeps who will poke holes in it and take it into a negative depressing directions. 

Life isn’t sunshine and rainbows. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/21/2020 at 7:58 AM, JimF-LowBari said:

Had enough closed threads about vaccines, not having any DC in 2021, when to really start, etc etc

If not a full (2019 type) season then what are suggestions for ANYTHING corps can do to keep interest in the activity for fans and potential members. Thinking lot of internet involved but having seen DCI and DCA live webcasts 🙄. Thoughts can be shows, other types of performances or even just something to remind people the activity still exists. (Just realized this sounds like some corps that went inactive but kept things going just enough to come back)

edit after reading continentals below post: suggestions can be for the individual corps and/or DCI organization 

Setting the stop watch to see how quick this gets closed. Lost track as think I’m 3 out 3 or 4 out of 4 with threads I started getting closed. 😖😡

Not going to be a season. Way too many obstacles. 

Just now, WilsonStaff said:

Not going to be a season. Way too many obstacles. 

That’s why I said “anything”.... 

29 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

How is my opinion an attack? There are many I march with that believe a elitist attitude exist within drum corps. That is their opinion and I share it. Many things before covid-19 could have been done to promote the corps but in many ways it is driven by outdated past model of success. Proven here when someone has different opinion and overwhelmingly there are posts to put those ideas down. Liabilities are something that can be overcome with negotiation and discussion. Instead of even trying everyone downplay the suggestions. Then get angry and start to make accusations. 

Do you understand what a discussion is? Do you understand that not everyone is going to share your opinion? Do you realize that if you present misinformation, people will be inclined to correct you? Can you handle that? 

Drum Corps IS an elite activity. The costs of the summer tour make it so that mostly only kids coming from well-off families can afford to tour for an entire summer instead of working a job. 

In a discussion, if you present an argument and someone disagrees, they will refute it and explain why. If you feel like someone presenting the facts to you is considered “putting those ideas down,” I am not sure if this is the right place for you to productively discuss these ideas. An echo chamber of like-minded young individuals such as the drum corps Reddit may be better suited for your purposes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, WilsonStaff said:

Not going to be anything. Way too many obstacles. 

Thanks for playing....

1 hour ago, Continental said:

I would prefer that the activity be secular. 

When drum corps touring returns (i.e. 2022), we will need all the housing sites we can get.  By all means, if a church along the tour path has the full gymnasium/locker room facilities to house a corps, and the six football fields/several with power feeds/one with elevated press box or whatever they require now, and they (and their neighborhood) are willing to have us there drumming away ceaselessly from dawn to whenever the local noise curfew is, and the dates and rates are practical... sign us up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Do you understand what a discussion is? Do you understand that not everyone is going to share your opinion? Do you realize that if you present misinformation, people will be inclined to correct you? Can you handle that? 

Drum Corps IS an elite activity. The costs of the summer tour make it so that mostly only kids coming from well-off families can afford to tour for an entire summer instead of working a job. 

In a discussion, if you present an argument and someone disagrees, they will refute it and explain why. If you feel like someone presenting the facts to you is considered “putting those ideas down,” I am not sure if this is the right place for you to productively discuss these ideas. An echo chamber of like-minded young individuals such as the drum corps Reddit may be better suited for your purposes. 

You prove my point about AGE having nothing to do with maturity, Not if you're 20 or 60.... TY

10 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

When drum corps touring returns (i.e. 2022), we will need all the housing sites we can get.  By all means, if a church along the tour path has the full gymnasium/locker room facilities to house a corps, and the six football fields/several with power feeds/one with elevated press box or whatever they require now, and they (and their neighborhood) are willing to have us there drumming away ceaselessly from dawn to whenever the local noise curfew is, and the dates and rates are practical... sign us up.

Churches I belonged to have the building and grounds and that’s it. But definitely had/have enough non religious groups using parts of the facility. Anywhere from AA, support groups to Brownie troops (not church sponsored). For many churches secular use not an issue... just get that liability paperwork ready and don’t destroy the plumbing (one of the reasons my old church kicked out a group).

Edited by JimF-LowBari