2021 if not full season then......???!

8 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I agree on going both ways with discussion. However, it can look like ganging up when multiple DCP veterans start a barrage of posts. I don't blame a person for just saying "the heck with DCP" in such an instance. 

As far as I know, the person in question is the young woman she says she is. Unless I absolutely know otherwise, I do not question that. Is it possible that she is not who she says? Sure. We don't have people provide ID when they sign up.  

Either way everyone is entitled to an opinion, young or old and everything in between . If there are many who do not agree then a poster just has to move on, think about what others are saying or continue to beat that dead horse. We have all been there 1 time or another. Sometimes it's worth the fight and other times it's not. I guess one has to know their audience ..lol

Everyone should welcome new ideas, a different point of view, fresh thoughts, experienced voices,

All I’ll say (to protect personal info and privacy) when I PMed this person to answer a question I gave my full real name. Received a response with a full name. Looked legit for a few reasons I won’t get into. 

Lol so someone with strong sure of themselves opinions posted on dcp, whadda new concept. 

1 hour ago, soccerguy315 said:

8 pages of this eh?

Been quite a while since a thread I started lasted this long... (before closing 🤫)

4 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

8 pages of this eh?

this one hasn't been closed yet, so why not?

6 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I used to moderate a forum like this before. Although VPNs can prevent hide a person’s identity, do forum admins not have access to the IP Addresses of posters in order to check if previously banned posters are simply using a different account? 

Would that ban the whole household?  We have one sometime poster whose spouse has likely gotten banned from all kinds of things, including DCP.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I used to moderate a forum like this before. Although VPNs can prevent hide a person’s identity, do forum admins not have access to the IP Addresses of posters in order to check if previously banned posters are simply using a different account? 

yes

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

Would that ban the whole household?  We have one sometime poster whose spouse has likely gotten banned from all kinds of things, including DCP.

not necessarily.

Just checking, but are we done talking about the original topic? Because the last several pages of comments being more about personalities and moderating and not on the activity, it would be about now when we start considering closing a conversation.

thought I would give y'all/yinz a little nudge back on topic .... carry on.

I really hope that somewhere in DCI they are keeping a list of the various things that need to be in place for a tour (however that is defined) and that the leadership has a realistic set of dates in place where various decisions have to be made.  It is OK if they are not public with the details, but some kind of public reassurance that they are thinking about this would be go a long way to soothing the membership & fan base.

Is there going to be some kind of a Jan 2021 annual meeting (if not live (admittedly unlikely) at least on Zoom)?

15 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Either way everyone is entitled to an opinion, young or old and everything in between . If there are many who do not agree then a poster just has to move on, think about what others are saying or continue to beat that dead horse. We have all been there 1 time or another. Sometimes it's worth the fight and other times it's not. I guess one has to know their audience ..lol

Everyone should welcome new ideas, a different point of view, fresh thoughts, experienced voices,

Bold fonts & words that start with "Every"  are getting you perilously close to She Who Must Not Be Named territory

• Haha 2