2022 rule change I would like to see.

Given that DCI will likely  announce the cancellation of 2021, let's start a conversation about some issues we would like DCI to implement for the 2022 season.   I would like to see the age limit raised to 23. Two reasons: It would allow those members who were denied the opportunity to march in 2020 and 2021 to march another season or two, if desired.   Secondly, raising the age to 23 would allow members who are in college getting Masters degrees or PhD's to continue spending their summers doing drum corp. I would suggest making it a requirement that only full time college students be offered this opportunity.  

Edited by Phantom56
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

Given that DCI will likely  announce the cancellation of 2021, let's start a conversation about some issues we would like DCI to implement for the 2022 season.   I would like to see the age limit raised to 23. Two reasons: It would allow those members who were denied the opportunity to march in 2020 and 2021 to march another season or two, if desired.   Secondly, raising the age to 23 would allow members who are in college getting Masters degrees or PhD's to continue spending their summers doing drum corp. I would suggest making it a requirement that only full time college students be offered this opportunity.  

Why would you require a college education?

• Like 1

I would sure hope that most 23 year olds have a full-time job, if not, they sure should.  

Most grad / PhD students do so part-time while employed full-time, unless in med school, where they have no time for DCI.  

Most DCI members are either in high school or college.  No need for any additional requirements.  It’s an amateur activity, leave it that way.  

Edited by Land_Surfer
  • Like 1

I hope they agree #$#@ happens and it's time to grow up.  I know it's a crappy situation but at the end of the day it's just marching band and this is a pandemic.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mello Dude said:

I hope they agree #$#@ happens and it's time to grow up.  I know it's a crappy situation but at the end of the day it's just marching band and this is a pandemic.

Totally agreed. 

• Like 2

i feel bad for the age outs for last year and possibly this year....but somewhere the line has to be drawn. do we really want to get to be like World class guards in WGI with 30 year olds out there? Because with DCI, once they uncap the bottle, it just keeps getting opened again and again and again

• Like 6