2022 rule change I would like to see.

4 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

The NCAA did grant an additional year of eligibility.

But,the number of scholarships and "slots" for teams remains the same.

In my opinion, if DCI wants to consider this,you have to put all potential corps members on equal footing.

No reserved slots for people from the canceled 2020 season.

Everyone has to earn their spot.

I don't disagree with you.  Granting an extra year of eligibility by the NCAA or DCI just means you're..... ELIGIBLE.  It doesn't guarantee you'll be starting wide-receiver, or lead soprano, it just means you have an additional year to try out/audition.

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

But they are on the school basketball team, not galavanting all over the country in the NBA.

The higher the Division level for a collegiate team, the further they travel.  Then there's the March madness games and then NIT games for other schools.

12 minutes ago, Ghost said:

The higher the Division level for a collegiate team, the further they travel.  Then there's the March madness games and then NIT games for other schools.

Yes, but my point was that the school they are attending (as a graduate or undergraduate student-athlete) is the school team they are traveling with.  Not with a team totally unrelated to the school.

7 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Yes, but my point was that the school they are attending (as a graduate or undergraduate student-athlete) is the school team they are traveling with.  Not with a team totally unrelated to the school.

To me, whether a collegiate or professional team, they both are teams "galavanting all over the country".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, gregory11 said:

Delay the 55 membership rule at best to 2024 so corps could improve recruiting and still compete.  I'm really surprised no one is taking about this request.  A delay is needed for the smaller corps survival. 

thanks for reminding me, i had forgotten about it. i do agree this is a good one

5 hours ago, WilsonStaff said:

Electronics would be a good cost saving measure. Also would be healthy for the malleus, incus, stapes, and drum. 

NCAA and the DCI are similar in many ways. Maybe you are right and the eligibility should extend for a year. 

electronics is hardly the budget line item explosion everyone thinks it is. hands down the overwhelming costs for a DCI corps is food, fuel, housing and insurance, and i can imagine housing and insurance will only cost more after all of this

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Yes, there are some grad students in athletic programs (basketball for example).  But they are on the school basketball team, not galavanting all over the country in the NBA.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. College basketball teams travel around the country too. 

5 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Ask the 1975 Muchachos

well we are taking about doing it legally ( and 76 Crossmen and 84 Les Eclipse, and depending on who you talk to 77 Bridgemen too)