2022 rule change I would like to see.

15 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Why have the circuit? DCI has the larger footprint. 

because not everyone can do more than just weekends

22 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Why have Div II and III sports?

• Confused 1

On 11/27/2020 at 8:15 AM, Poppycock said:

Now more than ever that circuit is futile. It was already a dillydally or dawdle. 

You don't see anyone here asking rule changes they would like to see in DCA because since C-19 not many care. It was that way before C-19 now during C-19 it is much worse. 

Edited by WilsonStaff
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Poppycock said:

It shows!

Nm.... 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Why have Div II and III sports?

Follow some Div II and III colleges and can compare the difference to them and Div I to the difference between DCA and DCI. Not as good, less money involved and lot less publicity. Yet people enjoy watching and athletes enjoy doing. By your reasoning the lesser division schools should drop sports as they can never be the same level as Div I. 

First top DCI corps I saw was Troopers August 1974 doing a street clothes run thru before an exhibition at a DCA show. Even out of uniform they were above the top DCA corps there. No idea what that is supposed to prove 

Seriously why shots across the box between the circuits. I started at end of local corps era. Thinking of number of corps and members then at any level and it's sad. Even before covid there has really been no growth in corps numbers. As Mike D said big difference between now and then was then corps would disband but another new corps would come in. Now... there are no new corps coming in. So of one goes away... pfffft. 20 years ago my dad said he was surprised any of the activity was still around and I thought the same and still do

ON TOPIC any rules that make it easier for smaller sized corps to be able to survive as that is best chance for any long term activity survival.

4 hours ago, WilsonStaff said:

Now more than ever that circuit is futile. It was already a dillydally or dawdle. 

You don't see anyone here asking rule changes they would like to see in DCA because since C-19 not many care. It was that way before C-19 now during C-19 it is much worse. 

The OP spoke of a rule change that was age related.

DCA doesn't have an age restriction like DCI.  Perhaps that is one of the reasons why no one is asking for rule changes in DCA.

Do many know how DCA rules compare to DCI rules anyway?  

Edited by Continental