2022 rule change I would like to see.

On 11/24/2020 at 10:41 PM, kdaddy said:

This is finally someone taking a step toward an argument. Though still not a good one, as (newly aged out) staff and students are together routinely. 

As someone who's done this before, I'd personally be wary of having to accommodate now three age groups.  Two were ulcer-inducing enough.  😐  Some corps (like SCV) choose to separate the under and over-18's - would you have to separate the under and over 21's as well?  And then what about staff over 21 and members over 21?  Or those two groups having issues - there are all sorts of liability questions (as well as just "right and wrong" questions) that would need much forethought to resolve.  Not saying it couldn't be done, for sure, especially with some of the DCI orgs run by highly qualified and long-tenured folks.  But it would certainly need a lot of planning and prep.

Mike

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Is there a minimum size to Sound Sport? Trying to remember what Mini Corps rules are.

Mini corps is 21 i believe...hence Westshore being docked 30+ points for performing in 98 with 50 some members LOL

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Mini corps is 21 i believe...hence Westshore being docked 30+ points for performing in 98 with 50 some members LOL

21 max playing IIRC and think 10 minimum... man thems some old memories dredging that up 

There certainly would be issues having all '20 and '21 age-outs marching in '22 with having a mass exodus of membership aging out in a single year. Extending the age out to 23 permanently would be one way to fix this, if that's the route they chose to go. Selfishly, if there's no season I'd like the offer to be extended to at least the contracted rook-outs, as I feel there's a significant difference between missing your last year and not being able to march at all. But it is what it is.

I do find a great deal of irony, though, in the "get a life" sentiment towards people who'd march at 23 from people who have posted thousands of times to a forum about a "kids activity." Same people who would probably have marched well past that if there was no traditional age limit.

Edited by Roos_Wayne
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Roos_Wayne said:

I do find a great deal of irony, though, in the "get a life" sentiment towards people who'd march at 23 from people who have posted thousands of times to a forum about a "kids activity." Same people who would probably have marched well past that if there was no traditional age limit.

4979248.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

4979248.jpg

All these people who are posting about the 23 year old extension or any extension will tell you both that they are well informed with years of experience on what is feasible and good for DCI and the current kids. They just want to feel good about telling the little kids about how well old they are, with personal stories and inside jokes. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

All these people who are posting about the 23 year old extension or any extension will tell you both that they are well informed with years of experience on what is feasible and good for DCI and the current kids. They just want to feel good about telling the little kids about how well old they are, with personal stories and inside jokes. 

or with age comes experience and wisdom, even if you don't like to hear it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

Ah yea snide comments about people older than you. Doesn’t help with credibility 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And a laughing emoji with no explanation.... is everything a us vs them generation gap to you or just drum corps.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1