2022 rule change I would like to see.

10 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

When I was in grad school there was absolutely no way I would have had time to march.

My (probably controversial) opinion is to keep the age rules as they currently are.  If no 2021 season (which I suspect your are correct in it not happening), I recommend going back to the age rules in place at end of 2019 season.  Yes, there will be some that miss out on their 'age out season'.  Life isn't fair.  Covid isn't fair. At some point you need to grow up. If you are that determined to march at age 22 or 23, go to DCA.

Growing up is hard.  Welcome to being adults.  Agree 100%.  Not sure if I can really accept 16-23 (even younger) year old kids/adults travelling together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mello Dude said:

Not sure if I can really accept 16-23 (even younger) year old kids/adults travelling together.

This is finally someone taking a step toward an argument. Though still not a good one, as (newly aged out) staff and students are together routinely. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kdaddy said:

This is finally someone taking a step toward an argument. Though still not a good one, as (newly aged out) staff and students are together routinely. 

That is an issue for society in general- every one of us is one swing away from being an axe murderer.  But we can buy an axe no questions asked (pun unintended). And axe murders are relatively rare

On 11/24/2020 at 10:41 PM, kdaddy said:

Not really an argument a reality.  Either this stays an youth activity for young people or it becomes DCA.  You got to have rules.  The maturity between a 16 year old and a 23 is just too much IMHO.  Seriously, someone could join the Marines, do their 4 years (go overseas and fight a war) and then march in this situation.  Speaking of staff and members, their have been enough issues with that as it is; we don't need to make things worse.  Either this is a youth activity or it isn't.  Either we install the value of life lessons and reality or we keep people from reality and growing up.  DCI has some big boy decisions to make and I hope the adults are running the show.  We have already have DCA for those so inclined.   Off soap box.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

Not really an argument a reality.  Either this stays an youth activity for young people or it becomes DCA.  You got to have rules.  The maturity between a 16 year old and a 23 is just too much IMHO.  Seriously, someone could join the Marines, do their 4 years (go overseas and fight a war) and then march in this situation.  Speaking of staff and members, their have been enough issues with that as it is; we don't need to make things worse.  Either this is a youth activity or it isn't.  Either we install the value of life lessons and reality or we keep people from reality and growing up.  DCI has some big boy decisions to make and I hope the adults are running the show.  We have already have DCA for those so inclined.   Off soap box.

DCA is far closer to DCI age than ever before

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The 55-minimum is for new Open Class corps seeking evaluation, Currently-competing corps still have the 30-minimum.

• Thanks 1