That was a gutsy move!

From the Boston Crusaders D&BC Friends & Alumni FB page.

"The BOSTON CRUSADERS have been true Innovators of the Drum Corps World.  BAC was the the first to create Marching Bells, Marimbas and Tympanis. To eventually having the very first Stationary Pit. In 1985 the Boston Crusaders shocked the DCI Judges and Fans. In being the first corps to use an Electric Synthesizer. To play none other than "AXEL F."

From a BAC mm.  "At the beginning of the 1977 drum corps season (I was 13 yrs old), Danny Pitts (our BAC drum instructor) made me into a one man marching percussion accessory member. I carried a variety of instruments “borrowed” by Paul (Pitts) from the BSO and other places. I carried bongos, a gong, wood blocks, triangle, claves, sleigh bells, tambourine, & castanets. I did this for a number of shows until there was a need to fill in at bass drum. I have no photos of me in this unique role. I am pretty confident that no other drum corps at the time had this marching position. 

118948880_198033125011249_6291161775897943714_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=Y3h8ld-qsP8AX-sIas7&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&tp=6&oh=323157e056ad640ec8b94b1398442da5&oe=5FE97AAD

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Continental said:

'76 Bridgemen - the uniforms (in an era when people were even less forgiving).

Note the original '75 Cadet uniforms at the 00:50 mark in the attached video.

Saw the new unis on the PBS telecast of finals. Still remember mom saying “isn’t it hard to March in them?”. Then 3 years later Reading Buccaneers came out with their “blue banana “ ( that’s what we called them) uniforms with same type of top.

Suncoast Sound '88 for being about a decade ahead of their time in both content and style.

• Like 1