2021 latest news

14 minutes ago, wonker said:

This announcement is getting pounded pretty good on the DCP FB page.  Not that I agree, but that's the discussion there.

I do not have personal confirmation of this, but a member has posted there that members of BD and SCV have been receiving news today that their 2021 season is cancelled?

Santa Clara is a lockdown. 

10 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

just released by BD

Yup. :(

https://bluedevils.org/news/article.php?ID=1004

10 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

On BD's website and an email I got both Blue Devils and Santa Clara Vanguard will not be traveling to Indy 2021. Basically both organizations are planning on 2022 as a target date for return to the activity.

So with all good intentions taken into account, how soon until these planned events unravel due to lack of participation?

Edited by Continental

Just now, Continental said:

So with all good intentions taken into account, how soon until this plan event unravels due to lack of participation?

Or Madison could not make finals

1 minute ago, Continental said:

So with all good intentions taken into account, how soon until these planned events unravel due to lack of participation?

I can see corps near Indy maybe doing a participation but it makes no financial sense BD and SCV or any corps out west to travel for just an event. Tour fees from 2020 will need to be refunded to those members who are not marching.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

and now BD and SCV just announced they are not travelling to Indy. 

What do you know, two of the most financially sound and successful corps have common sense. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

What do you know, two of the most financially sound and successful corps have common sense. 

As evidenced by the fact that they took plenty of time to carefully consider the matter rather than jumping to a conclusion.  

• Haha 1