2021 latest news

4 minutes ago, skevinp said:

As evidenced by the fact that they took plenty of time to carefully consider the matter rather than jumping to a conclusion.  

and they found ways to create revenue outside of the tour. i just saw an article floating around they found a way to make bingo a drive in activity

1 hour ago, Continental said:

So with all good intentions taken into account, how soon until these planned events unravel due to lack of participation?

Probably, as it stands now with what little info is out there, this gig in the oil can should never have left the DCI offices.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Probably, as it stands now with what little info is out there, this gig in the oil can should never have left the DCI offices.

whats a drive across town?

• Haha 1

With the normal field dropping out, a number of new corps, willing to take the risk and/or positioned to do so, seem poised to make finals:

1. Daredevils
  2. Labcoats
  3. Santa Clara Sneezeguard
  4. Quarantina Crown
  5. Ubercavaliers
  6. Liability Waivers
  7. Vaccinators
  8. Disinfectors
  9. Maskateers
  10. Blue Spores
  11. Tracers
  12. CDC of Atlanta
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

and they found ways to create revenue outside of the tour. i just saw an article floating around they found a way to make bingo a drive in activity

Santa Clara Co. seems to be a lot more restrictive than Contra Costa Co. I drove past the BD hall this past summer and they constructed outdoor seating like restaurants do but bigger for bingo. Right now the 49ers can't play at home. They are playing their next two home games in AZ. 

I presume DCI has been in discussions with the state and people who run Lucas.

I wonder what they anticipate the number of fans to be allowed to attend will be.

I also wonder many fans are going to want to attend in person.

Maybe DCI is considering Pay Per View.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I presume DCI has been in discussions with the state and people who run Lucas.

I wonder what they anticipate the number of fans to be allowed to attend will be.

I also wonder many fans are going to want to attend in person.

Maybe DCI is considering Pay Per View.

Was just thinking how many warm bodies are needed to pay for rental. Maybe DCI thinking of a one or two day only event to keep those costs down.

45 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Santa Clara Co. seems to be a lot more restrictive than Contra Costa Co. I drove past the BD hall this past summer and they constructed outdoor seating like restaurants do but bigger for bingo. Right now the 49ers can't play at home. They are playing their next two home games in AZ. 

Contra Costa Co. is more relaxed because Contras are never uptight 

After I heard the news this afternoon,  I thought the event in Indy would be more a collection of corps sending representation to the event but we would not see full fledged competing corps in the way we are accustomed to see them. BD and SCV not participating only confirms this.  I think the announcement is intentionally vague because the corps themselves do not know what this will entail. I think what we will see is more like a convention atmosphere rather than a competitive one and it could be like SoundSport on steroids. 

If health conditions allow, having something in August will be important, even if it is only just a morale booster. Getting 2022 up and running will be more difficult than most anticipate. That being said, it should not be held if it is not safe to do so, and unless DCI is getting Lucas Oil for free, audiences will be small and it could be a venture that will be a loss. Right now I do not anticipate paying airfare and hotels if I’m not getting three days of drum corps. 

• Like 1