2021 latest news

Perhaps a thought that needs to be said out loud: When corps management is deciding on their plans for 2021, they are not just looking at 2021 members. They are looking at 2022 and beyond. Taking the pain in 2021 might help them survive 2022 and later seasons

• Like 2

8 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

Terribly sad and disappointing that some corps will not try. 

It's not too late to join the bandwagon of us and corps who feel it's not worth taking a chance on a watered down season. There's a lot of logistics, expenses, shaking the volunteer trees, etc. that some corps feel is not for them at this time.  The top corps, who skip whatever a 2021 "season" is like, will get great talent come next November, and their war chests will be stronger to maintain or sign up the top teaching/writing staff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Perhaps a thought that needs to be said out loud: When corps management is deciding on their plans for 2021, they are not just looking at 2021 members. They are looking at 2022 and beyond. Taking the pain in 2021 might help them survive 2022 and later seasons

It’s sad that some will be angry because an organization wants safety, fiscal responsibility, and longevity.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

It’s sad that some will be angry because an organization wants safety, fiscal responsibility, and longevity.

Yeah it’s not like the activity has been growing new corps to replace any that go under. Once a corps goes under just another hole that isn’t filled.... 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Ghost said:

It's not too late to join the bandwagon of us and corps who feel it's not worth taking a chance on a watered down season. There's a lot of logistics, expenses, shaking the volunteer trees, etc. that some corps feel is not for them at this time.  

To me this boils down to "the devil is in the details".

From reading DCI's announcement,it sounds like DCI is still working things out,in anticipation of their Winter meeting.

• Like 1

If this happens, and I do mean "IF" I see this shaping up to be a DCI East/Midwest combo.  Corps that can afford it while keeping up with all the required protocols and limited travel distance will be the only ones participating by the time we get to August.

4 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

To me this boils down to "the devil is in the details".

From reading DCI's announcement,it sounds like DCI is still working things out,in anticipation of their Winter meeting.

Bingo.... and the devilish detail that DCI and the corps can’t control is how quick the vaccine is routed to the population. From what I picked up a lot of members and fans will not be receiving vaccine until the third stage. (1: first responders, medical providers, 2: over 65 and other high risk 3: anyone else)

18 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

If this happens, and I do mean "IF" I see this shaping up to be a DCI East/Midwest combo.  Corps that can afford it while keeping up with all the required protocols and limited travel distance will be the only ones participating by the time we get to August.

IMHO The challenge (financial aside for a moment) for the Corps closer to Indy will be getting a place where they can bring in 150 members plus staff & rehearse for a few weeks.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

IMHO The challenge (financial aside for a moment) for the Corps closer to Indy will be getting a place where they can bring in 150 members plus staff & rehearse for a few weeks.  

If a corps decides to go the full 150 route. Keep having rebuilding flashbacks of when my old corps came back after a year off. Started late and lot of issues finding members, equipment and $$$. Goal was simply to put together a show for prelims to show people we were back (and build for the future). In this case a DCI corps could do “something” at Indy to show themselves (and build for the future).