2021 latest news

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

given the limited revenue...who can afford it? the protocols required are going to be incredibly costly. So far 2 of the corps we know that COULD afford it decided not to do it.

Neither can afford much of anything without significant Bingo income.  Bingo first, or no drum corps.

1 hour ago, O'Neal's said:

From the latest news, I and many others don't have much choice. Life goes on. Live our lives scared or just live? 

and the adults that run the corps, volunteer for the corps....they mean nothing right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It occurs to me that if, say, 5 Corps go to Indy that it will be less hard to find facilities than if, say 20 show up.

I wonder if DCI has a decided on the number of Corps that need to show up to make the whole thing happen.  I would suggest that 5 is too few, and 20 probably would do it from DCI's point of view.  But this is a gut feeling, without any number crunching whatsoever.

Was thinking of the numbers game too with facilities. Also should have asked if some corps go to the same facility year after year. If a corps gets used to a place and now it’s saying “no”.... oh crap, start from scratch looking

2 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Neither can afford much of anything without significant Bingo income.  Bingo first, or no drum corps.

Bingo is happening. they converted it to drive in bingo. there's an article floating around out there from the Mercury News I believe

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

and the adults that run the corps, volunteer for the corps....they mean nothing right?

I’ve kind of stopped bothering. The ignorance is too high

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I’ve kind of stopped bothering. The ignorance is too high

i'm a sucker for dishing out reality

14 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm a sucker for dishing out reality

I try to give benefit of the doubt... but that threshold was hit....

7 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I try to give benefit of the doubt... but that threshold was hit....

i am not a auto racing fan. but if it's on and there's absolutely nothing else to do or watch, i'll watch for the wrecks

I’m not saying your conclusion is wrong, but for those of you who think the notion of a corps having any kind of a season or going to Indy is ignorant, irresponsible, unintelligent, or anything else you have said or implied, why don’t you go after those corps who have announced they plan to do those things instead of ganging up on one enthusiastic young person who has no control over what will happen?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I’m not saying your conclusion is wrong, but for those of you who think the notion of a corps having any kind of a season or going to Indy is ignorant, irresponsible, unintelligent, or anything else you have said or implied, why don’t you go after those corps who have announced they plan to do those things instead of ganging up on one enthusiastic young person who has no control over what will happen?

I’ve tried asking this young person questions to try to understand their opinion and gotten 😄as a response numerous times.  So much for having a conversation. 
Where has anyone said corps are irresponsible for wanting to go to Indy? I see people bringing up reasons why not going might be a responsible thing to do. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1