2021 latest news

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Bingo is happening. they converted it to drive in bingo. there's an article floating around out there from the Mercury News I believe

Speaking of outside, the Boston Bruins and another NHL team or three are looking into having their home games outdoors.

Edited by Ghost

16 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Each corps has to look at what is financially possible as well as logistically feasible.

It is sad, but I trust each corps’ admin to do what is best.

Me, too. On the trusting. It's hard for me to grapple with all the factors and details involved and how they might play out for each corps. Why BD and SCV leaders don't deserve the benefit of the doubt here - that they are likely making smart decisions on behalf of their organizations - is puzzling.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Why BD and SCV leaders don't deserve the benefit of the doubt here - that they are likely making smart decisions on behalf of their organizations - is puzzling.

Some might be bored of watching old shows on line or DVD.  The BD and SCV are probably the gold standard of how to run a DCI organization with several programs and continue to be successful on and off the field.   

11 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Me, too. On the trusting. It's hard for me to grapple with all the factors and details involved and how they might play out for each corps. Why BD and SCV leaders don't deserve the benefit of the doubt here - that they are likely making smart decisions on behalf of their organizations - is puzzling.

Have a lot of people said they don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt?  I was unaware of that.  I have heard almost nothing here but fawning praise.  

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

Each corps has to look at what is financially possible as well as logistically feasible.

It is sad, but I trust each corps’ admin to do what is best.

I always said a corps #1 responsibility was to make sure they are able to field a corps the following year.

• Like 1

Lol just did a NYT link to where I would be in line to get a vaccine. Gonna be spending a lot of 2021 not going anywhere unless necessary. If not essential, under 65 and no health risks.... line forms at the end.... the very end.... Basically 80% of the population is ahead of me.

Wonder how many fans would fall in that category (IOW phase 3 out of 3)

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Jeesh, I see a lot of bickering around here per usual.

Looks like a bunch of quality corps will be going to Indy this summer.

Everyone stay safe. Can't wait to see who comes out to entertain us next summer.

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

Have a lot of people said they don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt?  I was unaware of that.  I have heard almost nothing here but fawning praise.  

You’re right. Except for one