2021 latest news

Division in DCI? So as a lawyer I guess maybe I read into something but I find it interesting that right after DCI announced a "return" to DCI with a planned 3 day event in 8/2021 that was nicely worded but it didn't say specifics as to what it was....both  BD and SCV organizations posted on both websites soon after that what their plans were going to be in 2021 and beyond. So what was discussed at some winter meeting? And then DCI put out a press release about donating referred tixs from 2020 to 2021. Nothing was saying about using that credit to 2022.  

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

next payday i am going and buying merch from each one

Now, that's a brilliant idea!

Here's a challenge to DCP-ers: Spread your merch budget across as many corps as possible, even if you simply purchase a window sticker.

Jeff, you concentrate on the top 12. I'll go for the others.

On an individual basis, it's only a grass-roots gesture, but it's meaningful.

Maybe, per the lyric in "Alice's Restaurant", we can "start a movement".

6 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

So what was discussed at some winter meeting? And then DCI put out a press release about donating referred tixs from 2020 to 2021. Nothing was saying about using that credit to 2022.  

BD doesn't want a shortened season at all, and SCV has their own reasons for not wanting to move forward with anything in 21. Both made the right decisions for them.  

Everyone else, especially those located in the midwest, aren't them. One size really doesn't fit all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slingerland said:

BD doesn't want a shortened season at all, and SCV has their own reasons for not wanting to move forward with anything in 21. Both made the right decisions for them.  

Everyone else, especially those located in the midwest, aren't them. One size really doesn't fit all.

That is absolutely true. Each corps admin needs to evaluate their operation in all areas to see if attending makes sense for them financially and logistically.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

Division in DCI? So as a lawyer I guess maybe I read into something but I find it interesting that right after DCI announced a "return" to DCI with a planned 3 day event in 8/2021 that was nicely worded but it didn't say specifics as to what it was....both  BD and SCV organizations posted on both websites soon after that what their plans were going to be in 2021 and beyond. So what was discussed at some winter meeting? And then DCI put out a press release about donating referred tixs from 2020 to 2021. Nothing was saying about using that credit to 2022.  

can't go to 2022 yet. one year at a time

10 hours ago, ironlips said:

Now, that's a brilliant idea!

Here's a challenge to DCP-ers: Spread your merch budget across as many corps as possible, even if you simply purchase a window sticker.

Jeff, you concentrate on the top 12. I'll go for the others.

On an individual basis, it's only a grass-roots gesture, but it's meaningful.

Maybe, per the lyric in "Alice's Restaurant", we can "start a movement".

oh no. i am just spending with BD and SCV and any other corps not going

• Like 1

Any word of webcasts of whatever is done? Hey more money folks...

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Any word of webcasts of whatever is done? Hey more money folks...

Assuming that the "August DCI Performance Event" (ADPE, I've created an acronym 😎 ) reaches the critical mass / number of units necessary to make the event happen, there will be some sort of webcast, via Flo, YouTube, Fox Sports, or whatever available.

I just hope that the amorphous, corporate DCI has figured out (1) how many units need to participate for this scheme to work, & (2) has some hard and fast dates on when decisions will happen for this to go forward.

What the activity really needs now is a 2021 version of Jim Jones, with 2021 supporting cast of Geo Bonfligio, Don Warren, Gail Royer, Dave Kampschroer, Bill Howard, et al equivalents.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Assuming that the "August DCI Performance Event" (ADPE, I've created an acronym 😎 ) reaches the critical mass / number of units necessary to make the event happen, there will be some sort of webcast, via Flo, YouTube, Fox Sports, or whatever available.

I just hope that the amorphous, corporate DCI has figured out (1) how many units need to participate for this scheme to work, & (2) has some hard and fast dates on when decisions will happen for this to go forward.

What the activity really needs now is a 2021 version of Jim Jones, with 2021 supporting cast of Geo Bonfligio, Don Warren, Gail Royer, Dave Kampschroer, Bill Howard, et al equivalents.  

If there is any kind of webcast of ???? hope DCI looks for a company that would sell ONLY that and not suck you into a subscription. But hate to think what kind of contract they have with Flo. And Flo would be looking to make up they lo$$e$.

• Like 1