2021 latest news

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

If there is any kind of webcast of ???? hope DCI looks for a company that would sell ONLY that and not suck you into a subscription. But hate to think what kind of contract they have with Flo. And Flo would be looking to make up they lo$$e$.

Understand.  But I can't really fault Flo (or any other small business) for wanting to charge $ to keep themselves solvent.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Understand.  But I can't really fault Flo (or any other small business) for wanting to charge $ to keep themselves solvent.

Oh not finding fault with that. Just like the Box5 plan for DCA when you can pick and choose what you want. Of course picking just one thing is priced high enough that you might as well buy everything 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

What the activity really needs now is a 2021 version of Jim Jones, with 2021 supporting cast of Geo Bonfligio, Don Warren, Gail Royer, Dave Kampschroer, Bill Howard, et al equivalents.  

DCI could also do with another Bill Cook. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I just hope that the amorphous, corporate DCI has figured out (1) how many units need to participate for this scheme to work, & (2) has some hard and fast dates on when decisions will happen for this to go forward.

One of my concerns is that after corps start planning, it is determined that the event won't/can't happen.

Planning takes money and to start now and get the ball rolling is still an expense.  I'm sure there are some organizations who plan to attend who will be in much worse financial condition if the event is cancelled or so toned down that it generates no financial sense to continue. 

So far we have the label "event" assigned to this proposed three day get together in August.

If you are a corps who had a planned program for 2020, would you use that for this event or would you put that in the vault until 2022 and come up with new music and "whatever" to accompany it?  "Whatever" has yet to be determined or announced. 

What about uniforms?  Some corps sell the season's uniforms in the fall.  Are they going to go through the expense of acquiring new uniforms for such a bridge season?  

As for fees...does it make sense to charge the same amount (or greater) in fees for such a reduced series of events?  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

If there is any kind of webcast of ???? hope DCI looks for a company that would sell ONLY that and not suck you into a subscription. But hate to think what kind of contract they have with Flo. And Flo would be looking to make up they lo$$e$.

i am sure whatever it is will be on Flo. Not sure if regular pricing applies or if it will be a special event thing at a higher price. but i haven't renewed Flo and probably won't until I know we have full seasons of WGI and DCI

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i am sure whatever it is will be on Flo. Not sure if regular pricing applies or if it will be a special event thing at a higher price. but i haven't renewed Flo and probably won't until I know we have full seasons of WGI and DCI

For me it will be to check how much DCI holds my interest after not watching for years. And have to check the MB and smaller college sports schedule 

On 12/5/2020 at 12:09 AM, JimF-LowBari said:

Since ironlips reminded me, went to another thread from Tuesday night and what I posted from CBS nightly news. This was initial report so probably subject to change.  Regarding the three phases and numbers:

Phase 1 - essential personnel, first responders, medical, teachers, food service - 87 million 

Phase 2 - 65 and over, high risk for any reason - 153 million (edit: checked and over 50 million 65 and over, so figure rest with any kind of health issues)

Phase 3 - anyone left so non-essential, under 65 and not high risk - number not given by but math about 80 million

Given for FYI purposes only...

s/ ex number cruncher

teachers group 1? lol

surely not the ones that have argued the last 6 months they can do their jobs just as effectively from home...