2021 latest news

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yeah the whole situation sucks. But speaking for a certain 1st grade teacher she is busting her butt harder than even trying to keep her students engaged in a situation where they are easily distracted. To call her non-working is a ####### insult as she CARES. And she is NOT alone.

Actually she is in her classroom trying to give the lessons (school has the equipment and web access) to a bunch of little boxes on a screen. Trying to keep a bunch of 6 year old individuals on track with 20-30 open mics is “non-working”?  Easily this is the hardest year in 30+ years but that’s not working eh? Not to mention the stress of trying to make this work during the day and worry at night how this is hurting the kids. Oh it’s so easy to judge others...

Now instead of playing Monday morning quarterback pointing out all the problems and throwing insults... do you have any suggestions other than send them all back and say “well the kids will be safe”

my wife has said this is like being  first year teacher all over again

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Teachers are scared to go into work. Are the other workers who show up to work everyday not scared? The other workers find a way to go into work everyday. No reason to say bad words. The schools can be set up the same as grocery store with the barriers and sanitation protocols. 

Dr. Fauci and many others say schools should be open. Follow Science. Covid vaccine started today in the United Kingdom. Wonderful news. 

Some Drum Corps are planning a season which is wonderful news. Spring and Summer are just around the corner. I hope all the corps are taking care of their corps and doing what is best for them. Those who can't get out this upcoming year and those who can. 

actually other people are too, its why some companies have been sued for flouting the recommendations and seeing employees get Covid while on company time.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Bad words? You mean like teachers are non-workers? Now go ahead and put a laughing face as a response as an example of a mature conversation. Your lack of self awareness in what you post is amazing.

You had the hashtag filter which if I'm not mistaken means swearing. But the other stuff you mention is off topic personal information. The laughing reaction emoji is the same was what happens to my posts. 

Teachers can work just like everyone else according to Fauci. 

6 minutes ago, inbetween said:

I had a student that was 14 make a top 6 corps. First thing I did was sit him down and explain things were going to be very different. Hopefully this kid has someone to help them with the same. 

Corps reformed so lot of youngin’s. Drill instructor said “judges don’t care how young you are so neither do I”. Still have memory of catching it for missing a drill move at practice. Then DI turned to a 30ish board member “what the hell are you laughing at, you missed it too”. We all got treated the same.. even when catching hell 😆

Just now, O'Neal's said:

You had the hashtag filter which if I'm not mistaken means swearing. But the other stuff you mention is off topic personal information. The laughing reaction emoji is the same was what happens to my posts. 

Ok now I get the bad words thanks. 
As for the laughing emoji, do you really want to lower yourself to the same stupid stuff others do?

16 minutes ago, inbetween said:

Not to mention being forced to attend athletic games...

some, not all. elementary music not so much, but has spent lots of hours transporting recorders and ukes to not just schools for pickups, but often to homes to be sure the kids get their instruments. reviewing assignments on seesaw at 10 PM. 

9 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

and yet positivity rates continue to explode, so just throw them into the fire too.

so a teacher gets it from a kid and dies...who replaces them? You act as if teachers grow on trees like the other examples you provided earlier. 

i appreciate your conviction, regardless of how uncaring it comes off, as long as you get to march

• Thanks 3

10 hours ago, ironlips said:

"...non working teachers can eat and stay on zoom."

Permit me to help decode something here. I must assume this comment is meant in all sincerity, but I would point out that teachers are not on vacation, eating bon-bons and watching The Simpsons.

Virtually all of them are continuing to do their jobs, remotely, with almost no administrative support. The vast majority of these people had to improvise like mad over the past several months to meet state-mandated specifications in the education code while inventing new ways to deliver curriculum as effectively as possible.

Their work loads have increased exponentially. While they are fortunate to still have jobs, to describe them as "non working" is to be tragically misinformed.

I think she just meant not working on location, as contrasted with the examples she gave in the first part of the sentence that your quote does not include.  

18 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

my wife has said this is like being  first year teacher all over again

Sis in law hanging on because of the group health insurance and her 2x cancer and “widow maker” heart attack surviving husband who is on her plan. Other teachers her age retired early because they are worried they would bring Covid back to the home. 

No idea what a widow maker heart attach is but that’s what the ambulance crew said when they visited my Bro in law at the hospital. Followed by “hope you don’t mind we stopped in. You’re the first one we ever brought in with this kind of attack who survived” 😬

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Sad 1

Interesting how some people are working at home and some aren’t. But.... when it comes to teachers, some point to the people not working at home and say “you should be ashamed.. you should be like them”

edit: teachers, staff, aides, bus drivers, cafeteria workers, etc etc

Edited by JimF-LowBari