2021 latest news

Just now, O'Neal's said:

People who do not care about how and what it takes to allow them the luxury to work online is pretty uncaring in my point of view. Never mind the assumptions you make about me personally. 

What makes you think people don’t care about what it takes to work or home or anything else for that matter? For reference I would be working at home by direction if I wasn’t retired.

• Like 1

"luxury to work online "

Ok. I am beginning to understand the OP.

Initially, I assumed sincerity in these remarks and I'll maintain that opinion. This OP is a member of our community who cares enough to engage the rest of us.

I decline to tell others how to respond, but I for one will stay in character as a teacher and simply attempt to help the OP to understand the actual situation, and dispel the misconceptions that lead to some of these statements.

I think most here care enough to do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

If I had a 'Marching Recorder Band' that had to attend football games, this would be our "closer".  :spitting:

(I need a good ukulele chart for the opener.)  

sounds better than what I hear coming from upstairs some days. some good quality buzzing happening right now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, O'Neal's said:

People who do not care about how and what it takes to allow them the luxury to work online is pretty uncaring in my point of view. Never mind the assumptions you make about me personally. 

oh we care. far more than you are actually willing to give anyone credit for.

I am technically high risk. on the rare occasion i go to meet a customer in a bank branch, even with all of the protections in place, i am taking a risk. but because i have customers that won't do anything online, I take that risk. I am making the choice. Teachers have 2 options...take the risk in a very uncontrolled environment no matter how much cleaning, wiping and fumigating goes on, or not have a job. if you actually understood the transmission rate of germs in a school setting, your head would explode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

What makes you think people don’t care about what it takes to work or home or anything else for that matter? For reference I would be working at home by direction if I wasn’t retired.

Only because every time I mention that schools should be back to in person I get replies about how teachers will get sick and die. I try to make a comparison to other jobs that continue and I get made fun and in my humble opinion attacked. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Only because every time I mention that schools should be back to in person I get replies about how teachers will get sick and die. I try to make a comparison to other jobs that continue and I get made fun and in my humble opinion attacked. 

teachers have gotten sick and died. i know 2

3 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

And people disagreeing with you on school opening means they don’t care? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ironlips said:

"luxury to work online "

Ok. I am beginning to understand the OP.

Initially, I assumed sincerity in these remarks and I'll maintain that opinion. This OP is a member of our community who cares enough to engage the rest of us.

I decline to tell others how to respond, but I for one will stay in character as a teacher and simply attempt to help the OP to understand the actual situation, and dispel the misconceptions that lead to some of these statements.

I think most here care enough to do that.

In reality those of us who have family that do not do a job that can be done online would consider the ability to do a job at home online a luxury. Many keep coming back in replies to me about how I am selfish and do not care. They follow with personal stories. My family run a restaurant and grocery store. Everyday since the covid19 pandimic shutdowns they have gone to work. A few have had covid and are back at work. One Aunt we have who is in her 70's was not able to return to work until last month. She had to build her strength. She is high risk and continues to be with family and keeping busy working.  So excuse me if I look at this a different way. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1