2021 latest news

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And people disagreeing with you on school opening means they don’t care? 

It has the tone of the lack of caring. That is my opinion. I am sure you will come back with some censored out swear words and then tell me I should not do what other's do with reaction emoji's. I should have turned it back to you and said you can rise above it all without having to use swear words. 

Fauci said schools should be back in person. I still have not seen anyone say he is offensive or despicable.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

teachers have gotten sick and died. i know 2

So what about other job fields? Why is Fauci so highly offensive when he says schools should be in person? You fail to acknowledge he made that statement. Where is your outrage at him? Why would the W.H.O. and pediatricians say go back to school? Are they also being offensive? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, O'Neal's said:

It has the tone of the lack of caring. That is my opinion. I am sure you will come back with some censored out swear words and then tell me I should not do what other's do with reaction emoji's. I should have turned it back to you and said you can rise above it all without having to use swear words. 

Fauci said schools should be back in person. I still have not seen anyone say he is offensive or despicable.  

So you expect the worst from people who disagree with you? That might be a good bit of the problem here.

As for Fauci, I have yet to see him insult teachers or say people don’t care. Old saying about how the message is given applies here.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, skevinp said:

Oh for the love of God.

Isn't that who got us into this mess.....Not sure he's gonna help. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Oh for the love of God.

And your problem is? Almost 3 years ago I lost my wife to pneumonia. Was actually at her bedside watching her pass. I read this comment as saying “so what, others have died too”.  Don’t bother trying to convince me this isn’t hurtful 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, ironlips said:

"...don't the kids also need to be vaccinated for this to happen safely though?"

Well, that would be safer, but nobody's going to wait that long to get the little whipper snappers back in their desks.

Look at it this way: if some kids get sick, they can stay home from school. If the teachers get sick, school shuts down.

I would be pleasantly surprised if students are back in school where I live before Fall 2020. 

And then I am interested to see whether they pass the kids to the next grade who haven't learned the fundamentals required due to the circumstances of this year. 

1 hour ago, O'Neal's said:

In reality those of us who have family that do not do a job that can be done online would consider the ability to do a job at home online a luxury. Many keep coming back in replies to me about how I am selfish and do not care. They follow with personal stories. My family run a restaurant and grocery store. Everyday since the covid19 pandimic shutdowns they have gone to work. A few have had covid and are back at work. One Aunt we have who is in her 70's was not able to return to work until last month. She had to build her strength. She is high risk and continues to be with family and keeping busy working.  So excuse me if I look at this a different way. 

Working from home is not a luxury for the vast majority of occupations. It is simply a necessary evil in the time of a deadly pandemic. WFH has meant longer working hours, large negative changes to lifestyle, and very large adjustments to workflow. 

When compared to working in a germs-riddled workplace like a school, yes, teachers obviously will prefer to work at home for their own physical health's sake, but you are COMPLETELY discounting the massive mental toll being placed on teachers as they have to make massive changes to their lesson plans and workflow and work longer hours than they already did. 

Every teacher I have had the pleasure of knowing treats their students like their own kids. Imagine how terrible it is for them to have to witness their students struggling and feel like it is their fault for that struggle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

Oh for the love of God.

Is there an issue? 

Edit: You seemed to have chosen to react with a confused emoji, but I assure you I am just as confused as you, hence why I was asking for clarification. Oh well. 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

This is your response when someone says they know two people who died? Having gone through this almost 3 years ago words cannot express how heartless this is...

I'm sorry for your loss. I did not realize your lost someone to covid. My point is that people who work in other job fields have caught and passed away from it. Those workforce's are still going into work. 

12 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

I'm sorry for your loss. I did not realize your lost someone to covid. My point is that people who work in other job fields have caught and passed away from it. Those workforce's are still going into work. 

Wasn’t Covid but flu then pneumonia and thanks for the condolences. My point is using deaths as a way to argue a point (and am I sick of seeing fatality rates tossed around) is totally missing that people have lost family and loved ones. It’s like the human cost to this isn’t even considered. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 3