2021 latest news

Can’t see anything that DCI can do in the summer of 2021 more than keeping the light switch on.  I’m sure they realize - DCI - that unless there is some sort of bridge to 2022, the activity could be doomed for extinction.  This isn’t the early days where the local legions and VFW posts were the sponsors and local membership was a given.  The lack of marching units and failure to maintain local participation does not bode well for a quick restart back to normalcy anytime soon. 

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Thanks 1

Since ironlips reminded me, went to another thread from Tuesday night and what I posted from CBS nightly news. This was initial report so probably subject to change.  Regarding the three phases and numbers:

Phase 1 - essential personnel, first responders, medical, teachers, food service - 87 million 

Phase 2 - 65 and over, high risk for any reason - 153 million (edit: checked and over 50 million 65 and over, so figure rest with any kind of health issues)

Phase 3 - anyone left so non-essential, under 65 and not high risk - number not given by but math about 80 million

Given for FYI purposes only...

s/ ex number cruncher

Edited by JimF-LowBari

12 hours ago, skevinp said:

I’m not saying your conclusion is wrong, but for those of you who think the notion of a corps having any kind of a season or going to Indy is ignorant, irresponsible, unintelligent, or anything else you have said or implied, why don’t you go after those corps who have announced they plan to do those things instead of ganging up on one enthusiastic young person who has no control over what will happen?

who says I haven't?

9 hours ago, Ghost said:

More crashes in NASCAR, but saw this one live last Sunday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ7_En2xEm4

####. i almost wish i hadn't been napping

9 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Move near my sister on the road that runs to Indiantown Gap. They can tell when there is a wreck on I-81 without seeing the interstate. When you see 18 wheelers bumper to bumper on the two lane road you figure the highway is blocked. 

Seeing how it’s Friday and the roads are wet figure they will be stuck in the house again later today

i can hear Williams Grove every weekend. I can tell when there's an accident

8 hours ago, Continental said:

Saw some commentary on FB DCP about bus requirements which will be a huge expense on it's own - 1 person per bench on a bus - max 26 members per bus?

and hotels, and testing....can't help but imagine insurance costs...getting medical people on "tour"....and again...if someone tests positive....logistically this is NOT economically feasible given the limited revenue coming in. Think about what a Boston or Cadets or Bluecoats make running shows....now they can't do that to hep offset costs.

Boston going to texas for camps is interesting, as that is a state ( like Indy) with fewer restrictions

Edited by Jeff Ream

5 hours ago, MikeD said:

Each corps has to look at what is financially possible as well as logistically feasible.

It is sad, but I trust each corps’ admin to do what is best.

yeah I used to think that too.

5 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Me, too. On the trusting. It's hard for me to grapple with all the factors and details involved and how they might play out for each corps. Why BD and SCV leaders don't deserve the benefit of the doubt here - that they are likely making smart decisions on behalf of their organizations - is puzzling.

next payday i am going and buying merch from each one

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

There are those who say infected numbers will rise because of colder weather.

and colder weather has been in many areas for a month...when numbers started spiking