2021 latest news

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i am working at home 99% of the time. pretty much from 8 am to 11 PM and often on weekends. The pandemic has truly made all facets of real estate a 24/7 job

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Unlike Congress, you never shut down.

Not sure how hot the market is in your area JR, but a RE friend of ours says he could use another 3-4 hours a day with all the activity out here in the St. G area.  All those folks who have finally decided to leave CA.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Is there an issue? 

Yes, and I plan to calmly and carefully explain it to you, whereupon you will respond by intentionally misunderstanding my explanation, after which I will patiently explain it in a way that seems impossible to misunderstand, at which point you will imply intellectual superiority over a type you ascribe to me, which I will reply to with an example that disproves the ascription, which you will smugly dismiss with a laughing emoji, causing me to realize what a complete wa...

Never mind, there is no issue.

Edited by skevinp
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Edit: You seemed to have chosen to react with a confused emoji, but I assure you I am just as confused as you, hence why I was asking for clarification. Oh well. 

It means I am confused by your confusion.  I didn’t understand why you didn’t understand.  I am a riddle wrapped in your mystery inside my enigma.  

As I think Jim now realizes that his original assumption was not at ALL what she was saying, I think the matter is now moot, and see no point in indulging a kerfuffle over an argument that never really existed to begin with.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Working from home is not a luxury for the vast majority of occupations. It is simply a necessary evil in the time of a deadly pandemic. WFH has meant longer working hours, large negative changes to lifestyle, and very large adjustments to workflow. 

When compared to working in a germs-riddled workplace like a school, yes, teachers obviously will prefer to work at home for their own physical health's sake, but you are COMPLETELY discounting the massive mental toll being placed on teachers as they have to make massive changes to their lesson plans and workflow and work longer hours than they already did. 

Every teacher I have had the pleasure of knowing treats their students like their own kids. Imagine how terrible it is for them to have to witness their students struggling and feel like it is their fault for that struggle. 

I wrote yesterday how a teacher friend of mine who works in a state who rushed to open schools                                    ( politically motivated ) and has bad lung damage it appears, now just today I was told of another teacher friend just tested positive, so far not as bad as the other but we will see. By the way, also very involved in our activity.

Same state who thought of politics before people and certainly goes beyond just students.

Edited by GUARDLING