2021 latest news

43 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Terribly sad and disappointing that some corps will not try. 

find the guidelines and protocols document. the cost will far exceed whatever revenues come in

• Like 2

2 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

so... can Pacific Crest win if they fill up with BD and Vanguard kids? lol

I know you are saying that in jest but PC’s trombone soloist from 2019 had plans to march 2020 and age out in 2021 with them. On a sadder note, that performer’s father is currently hospitalized and on a ventilator due to the virus; we are all pulling for him!

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

Blue Stars plan on fielding a corps, no mention of traveling to Indy yet. 

https://bluestars.org/latest-news/2020/10/26/2021-blue-stars-faqs

Maybe my son will get his age out year in with them in some way (he marched 2019 and was contracted for 2020.) 

57 minutes ago, TRacer said:

I know you are saying that in jest but PC’s trombone soloist from 2019 had plans to march 2020 and age out in 2021 with them. On a sadder note, that performer’s father is currently hospitalized and on a ventilator due to the virus; we are all pulling for him!

This pandemic really is so tragic. It's hard to even conceptualize how many people have suffered from it

7 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

Terribly sad and disappointing that some corps will not try. 

So you’d encourage organizations to abandon fiscal responsibility and member experience to so you can watch marching band? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It is also good that some Corps are looking at the financials and making a a decision based on reality 

Just had a flashback from my days at the end of the local corps era. Know some corps that the decision was to close shop instead of drown in red ink and have people holding unpaid bills. Applaud any corps that holds back in order to be around in later years.

• Like 1