Cavaliers WILL Field In 2021

The entire Cavaliers organization has been planning for the past several months in collaboration with both the DCI administration and member corps to create a 2021 experience that would be both safe and rewarding for our members, staff, and volunteers as well as for CavalierNation and drum corps fans everywhere. We are excited to announce […]

View the full article

• Thanks 1

Yup. I heard a bunch of their original 2020 material from the hornline, and it was incredible! Hopefully that makes it to the field in 2021!

11 minutes ago, Ghost said:

It might not be judged though.

Unfortunately, that might be the case. My God, it was glorious though! 

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

It might not be judged though.

If the organizations that choose to participate in 2021 are putting on the field a full corps with a full show then I say judge it. Put an asterisks next to the year, give it a lower score if need be, but the product should be judged and a winner should be proclaimed. It would be interesting to see the results from a fresh panel that hadn’t seen the the show multiple times and have them judged with fresh eyes.Even if the event is titled something other then DCI World Championships there should still be a winner. Three Days (if not more) of exhibition performances while still enjoyable wouldn’t be the most exciting.

18 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

If the organizations that choose to participate in 2021 are putting on the field a full corps with a full show then I say judge it. Put an asterisks next to the year, give it a lower score if need be, but the product should be judged and a winner should be proclaimed. It would be interesting to see the results from a fresh panel that hadn’t seen the the show multiple times and have them judged with fresh eyes.Even if the event is titled something other then DCI World Championships there should still be a winner. Three Days (if not more) of exhibition performances while still enjoyable wouldn’t be the most exciting.

If Cavs et al. put on a full show, yes, judge them and everyone else.  Except NO ASTERISKS!  There should be the opposite of an asterisks next to whomever wins due to the hardship and challenges that will have to be overcome.  If BD and SC don't want to compete (understandably) that's their problem.  They don't get to take the ball and go home.

• Like 2