Cavaliers WILL Field In 2021

3 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

If Cavs et al. put on a full show, yes, judge them and everyone else.  Except NO ASTERISKS!  There should be the opposite of an asterisks next to whomever wins due to the hardship and challenges that will have to be overcome.  If BD and SC don't want to compete (understandably) that's their problem.  They don't get to take the ball and go home.

This is a great post Greg. #NO ASTERISKS! It will be sad not to have great corps like Blue Devils and Santa Clara. I guess the Cavaliers read what the DCP logistical and subject matter pundits had to say and decided to be optimistic instead of doom and gloom.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

I guess the Cavaliers read what the DCP logistical and subject matter pundits had to say and decided to be optimistic instead of doom and gloom.  

In case you are not aware, DCP is not the center of the Drum Corps Universe.   

Corps do not make any decisions based on comments posted on DCP .  

Edited by Continental
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

This is a great post Greg. #NO ASTERISKS! It will be sad not to have great corps like Blue Devils and Santa Clara. I guess the Cavaliers read what the DCP logistical and subject matter pundits had to say and decided to be optimistic instead of doom and gloom.  

No matter what anyone says, 2021 will always have an asterisk next to it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Continental said:

Yeppp

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Continental said:

Only in the sense it would be a year like no other, but to not fully recognize a corps that has the guts and fortitude to make it onto the filed would be wrong and even harmful.  To diminish 2021 when we didn't have a 2020 sounds.........counterproductive.  

The sun doesn't revolve around BD or SC.  At least it shouldn't.   

Edited by greg_orangecounty
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Continental said:

at least Dan Potter didnt say it

• Haha 1

Gee don’t ya think we should wait and see what could be done in Indy before we start arguing about asterisks and the like. I’m guessing corps with lot smaller numbers doing partial shows or exhibitions. Keep talking about the end product in Indy but forget how much behind the scenes is needed to teach music and drill. And how much time needed for prep work might bump heads with how rest of the country is proceeding with cv recovery

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Gee don’t ya think we should wait and see what could be done in Indy before we start arguing about asterisks and the like. I’m guessing corps with lot smaller numbers doing partial shows or exhibitions. Keep talking about the end product in Indy but forget how much behind the scenes is needed to teach music and drill. And how much time needed for prep work might bump heads with how rest of the country is proceeding with cv recovery

*2020 did not happen.

*2021 is a "Bridge" season - it will not be a normal season.

IMO as a result, both get asterisks.  It has nothing to do with SCV or BD.  It has everything to do with situations that are outside of the norm for this activity. 

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Continental said:

*2020 did not happen.

*2021 is a "Bridge" season - it will not be a normal season.

IMO as a result, both get asterisks.  It has nothing to do with SCV or BD.  It has everything to do with situations that are outside of the norm for this activity. 

I like the way AL and VFW Nationals are handled during the WWII years in  write ups I’ve seen.

”1942-1945 Nationals Not Held”

Edit: National VFW and AL did not even hold conventions due to travel constraints. Some states did.

And yep nothing to do with some corps not there, just not a regular championships for many reasons 

Edited by JimF-LowBari