2021 - Who's In and Who's out?

34 minutes ago, MikeD said:

They hosted a show in Toronto back when I was marching. The Shriners International.

Had the 1972(?) albums i found in the Bargin bin at a show years back. Sold the vinyl but thought I recorded to cassette. Cant find the cassettes for some reason 😖. One of my current retirement/Covid time killers is converting old corps recordings to mp3. Funny timing it comes up on a day I was recording 

19 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

They and INT were the only active corps this past season, as they're the only ones with the ability to isolate and/or social distance.

Although I heard the Couchman and INT are exhausted after a season of having to carry the whole activity so they may take 2021 off. 🤪

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Had the 1972(?) albums i found in the Bargin bin at a show years back. Sold the vinyl but thought I recorded to cassette. Cant find the cassettes for some reason 😖. One of my current retirement/Covid time killers is converting old corps recordings to mp3. Funny timing it comes up on a day I was recording 

I marched in the 1971 and 72 shows with Garfield. The Shriners weekend happened in mid-June when there were a lot of HS graduations in the NJ area. For me and a bunch of other members that happened in 71. The corps had already left, except for the 9 or 10 of us with graduations at various schools. We met at Garfield HS around 10:00 PM, and about three cars driven by adults drove us to Toronto overnight. We got there around 6:00 or 7:00 AM the next morning, just in time to join the corps for breakfast. It was a loong weekend, but we place 2nd. The company that recorded the albums was great. DCP's Ironlips told me over dinner once how they recorded, when I was on a business trip to CA a number of years ago. Those albums were amazing.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

And you will be there to support the corp...in person? 

he doesn't go to Allentown and he lives there. he watches on Flo

9 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Like most assumptions, this one is partially correct. But, yes, I do enjoy watching drum corps on Flo.

you admitted in the past to not attending Allentown and watching it on Flo

• Confused 1

No need to question my continued support of DCI.  I really DO attend the nearby Allentown event every year, and have been doing so for decades. I’m out there helping to prepare the facility before, and the morning after to return it all back to the way we found it.

In the interest of comfort, etc. my preference now is to watch the performances from home on Flo.  So, shoot me !

🤫

Mandarins tweet last night with update to the website has been added to the first page.

Spirit of Atlanta has audition information for 2021.  However, no official announcement as to their actual plans for 2021 since the DCI announcement on 3 December.  Link has been added to the first page.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

56 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Mandarins tweet last night with update to the website has been added to the first page.

Spirit of Atlanta has audition information for 2021.  However, no official announcement as to their actual plans for 2021 since the DCI announcement on 3 December.  Link has been added to the first page.

Found a link on Twitter (26 mins ago):

https://spiritofatlanta.org/spiritreturns/