2021 - Who's In and Who's out?

9 minutes ago, waliman4444 said:

Regarding the issue of scoring the DCI event in August: I don't really care if it's scored or not...just seeing drum corps this year, in any context, would bolster my feelings that perhaps 2022 will be outrageously cool..After all the covid/political machinations of this year, the promise of returning to NORMAL at some point would be more than I could have expected ..So, if there's a show or shows, I'll be there, God willing..peace

Yeah let’s face it folks, if we have ANYTHING it will be a victory for the activity. Lets not destroy that by complaining or putting down that it not like 2019, not everyone’s there, not full shows, not scored, not what I expected, etc etc etc etc.

If on webcast my nice big tv will be tuned in (one of the freaking reasons I bought it 😫)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

OP updated.

1 minute ago, skevinp said:

The new motto of the sovereign nation of DCP.  

Can’t wait to see the flag. 

Maybe talking poo poo/pu pu platter... hmmmm (Homer drooling sounds) 😛

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2020 at 8:48 PM, skevinp said:

I guess I was assuming there would be considerably more than a single event, just based on an expected desire of the corps to more fully justify the amount of preparation necessary to get to that point.

Yeah, if there is a real "season", it would be different.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

I will be participating this coming summer. I'm excited and happy. These corps pushing forward is a win against the people who looked to find obstacles and to poo poo any thought of trying to do a season. Going to be fun to perform in 2021.

Best of luck to you! It will be different, that's for sure! But have a great time whatever you do!

13 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Because some of the most powerful member corps will not be there.  Staging a DCI championship in 2021 would change the balance of revenue sharing based on competitive ranking.

Follow the money.

heaven forbid the corps that put on a show are able to collect more money than the corps that don't field for a season... 

corps that don't field don't need any money.

Maybe those corps will be back in 2022. If so, they would have a chance to compete with everyone else. 

(all that said, I think some sort of exhibition / festival set up will be used)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Because some of the most powerful member corps will not be there.  Staging a DCI championship in 2021 would change the balance of revenue sharing based on competitive ranking.

Follow the money.

exactly. Plus if i recall, doesn't an inactive season mean you have to come back as open class?