2021 - Who's In and Who's out?

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

exactly. Plus if i recall, doesn't an inactive season mean you have to come back as open class?

They will just pull a Big 10 & change the rules. Looking at you Buckeyez.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

They will just pull a Big 10 & change the rules. Looking at you Buckeyez.

and there's the rub...gotta get everyone to agree to that.

Not so off topic: first vaccines are rolling out. Have friend whose mom is at a nursing home so in first phase of vaccinations. Will be interesting how soon/long it takes for her to get the vaccine. 
IMO number/percentage of people who receive the vaccine in the next few months will determine what corps will be able to do

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Not so off topic: first vaccines are rolling out. Have friend whose mom is at a nursing home so in first phase of vaccinations. Will be interesting how soon/long it takes for her to get the vaccine. 
IMO number/percentage of people who receive the vaccine in the next few months will determine what corps will be able to do

Just read that they estimate 100 million will be vaccinated by the end of March.

6 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Just read that they estimate 100 million will be vaccinated by the end of March.

Well that will be about a third of the population. And because I’m in the third and last phase (under 65 (barely) and no bad health issues) about 40% of the people ahead of me.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

A long term care facility near me will start to vaccinate residents tomorrow.   Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well.   

27 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well that will be about a third of the population. And because I’m in the third and last phase (under 65 (barely) and no bad health issues) about 40% of the people ahead of me.

Seeing reports about the need to still wear masks for a while after getting the vaccine.  There is concern that the virus can still be carried by those that have been vaccinated.

It has as yet to be verified. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/health/covid-vaccine-mask.html

Edited by Continental

18 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I'm still amazed how these vaccines were created so fast.  Makes one wonder why other medicines over the years have taken much longer.  Medicine that may have saved thousands of lives.

15 hours ago, Continental said:

A long term care facility near me will start to vaccinate residents tomorrow.   Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well.   

Lady friend has 90 year old mom in local homes memory care. (mentioned that before) I asked her to tell me when her mom gets vaccinated. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari