2021 - Who's In and Who's out?

10 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I’ll be receiving the vaccine next month as I fall into the second tier of healthcare workers (not necessarily working with covid patients but I am working with patients on the daily and doing a lot of aerosolized procedures)

Will be interesting to see the rate of distribution

The VA hospital where my son works as an OR Nurse started vaccines today. My son will be getting it soon. He just returned to work after having COVID the past couple of weeks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Im so glad your son is ok. It's crazy in Florida, as in other places

Glad also. Found out a second nephew recovering from slight case. This one lives locally and guessing he got it from work. 

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Glad also. Found out a second nephew recovering from slight case. This one lives locally and guessing he got it from work. 

Crazy times for sure. SO many mixed messages still. Glad your nephew is on the mend also

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I’ll be receiving the vaccine next month as I fall into the second tier of healthcare workers (not necessarily working with covid patients but I am working with patients on the daily and doing a lot of aerosolized procedures)

Will be interesting to see the rate of distribution

I still haven’t heard anything definite yet on how/when/where Texas dentists will get access to the vaccine. Hopefully we’ll hear something soon.

remember every shipment number must be divided by 2...because it takes 2 doses per person. so just because say 29 million doses were shipped, those 29 million people still need a second dose

3 hours ago, year1buick said:

I still haven’t heard anything definite yet on how/when/where Texas dentists will get access to the vaccine. Hopefully we’ll hear something soon.

Hope you get it soon. If I don't get it in dental school, I'll certainly get it in residency

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

remember every shipment number must be divided by 2...because it takes 2 doses per person. so just because say 29 million doses were shipped, those 29 million people still need a second dose

And IIRC the second dose has to be given within a certain time frame. So  2 sets of logistics have to be planned at the same time. Let’s hope for good transport weather...

11 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

#### just found out my friends 90 year old mother is in hospital with Covid. Woman has memory issues so not like she can help the doctors. Really sad as home was hoping for vaccines sometime soon.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

My wife just got notified that she can schedule getting vaccinated.

Originally she was going to wait.

She's a visiting nurse and has a number of covid patients.

So she decided to get vaccinated.

Her first shot is 12/29.

Hopefully no major side effects.

• Like 3