2021 - Who's In and Who's out?

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

remember every shipment number must be divided by 2...because it takes 2 doses per person. so just because say 29 million doses were shipped, those 29 million people still need a second dose

Daughter is a nurse & just did training to administer the (Pfizer) vaccine.  Had her ask about how well only 1 does works - 75% efficacy 10-days post-injection 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Daughter is a nurse & just did training to administer the (Pfizer) vaccine.  Had her ask about how well only 1 does works - 75% efficacy 10-days post-injection 

Read somewhere that the first shot is 55% effective.

On 12/18/2020 at 10:26 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

Glad also. Found out a second nephew recovering from slight case. This one lives locally and guessing he got it from work. 

We have a few neighbors who have had Covid on my street. I live in an "Active adult" community here in NJ. One guy and his wife 3 doors up were just tested a few days ago prior to their kids coming over for Christmas, and he tested positive, so he and his wife are in quarantine. He has absolutely zero symptoms; they were amazed he tested positive. His wife tested negative.

Further up the street, another guy was tested at work; he works for the Township. He too tested positive, while his partner tested negative. She lives in the same house with him and also works for the Township. The guy also has had zero symptoms, and he has gone back to work just this week. 

Another few doors up, a husband and wife both tested positive. They have had a mild set of symptoms, basically flu-like. 

One street over a man got Covid, and he passed away from it.

Amazing just how varied this thing is. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeD said:

We have a few neighbors who have had Covid on my street. I live in an "Active adult" community here in NJ. One guy and his wife 3 doors up were just tested a few days ago prior to their kids coming over for Christmas, and he tested positive, so he and his wife are in quarantine. He has absolutely zero symptoms; they were amazed he tested positive. His wife tested negative.

Further up the street, another guy was tested at work; he works for the Township. He too tested positive, while his partner tested negative. She lives in the same house with him and also works for the Township. The guy also has had zero symptoms, and he has gone back to work just this week. 

Another few doors up, a husband and wife both tested positive. They have had a mild set of symptoms, basically flu-like. 

One street over a man got Covid, and he passed away from it.

Amazing just how varied this thing is. 

I call it a crapshoot as seems to be no rhyme or reason to how bad people get it. 20 year old nephew looking at long term monitoring of lung function to see if permanent effects. The 90 year old I mentioned earlier (so far) seems to have a mild case. As of yesterday afternoon no fever and previous symptoms that would have matched a 48 hour flu. Still in hospital for monitoring due to age and memory issues. 

Makes this whole thing even scarier to me.

• Like 1

Here’s my anecdotal COVID experience.  While traveling, my daughter lost her tasters and had a mild headache.  The next day I got very sick; 102 – 103 fever, dry cough, and very tired.  On day four all symptoms disappeared and I felt fine.  This was 6 months ago and have no residual issues that I know of.  My daughter only had her mild symptoms for one day.  My wife never got sick.

Feel very fortunate as you may be able to tell by my avatar, I’m no spring chicken.

So many are sharing, so I though I would do the same. 

I have been working for the past two months on a Christmas Carol Hymn-Sing for my church.  Since my choirs can't rehearse, we were unable to perform are annual Christmas cantata this year.  I decided I would do some writing and gathered some very strong student musicians to play my arrangements of a few Christmas Carols and build a service based "loosely" on "The Lessons & Carols" as originally designed many years ago by Kings College.

As has been my practice, I got another test late last week and received another negative result.  We had our final rehearsal Saturday afternoon in preparation for the service yesterday.  A few hours after I got home, the wife got a "positive" result.  Under the abundance of caution, I had to cancel myself and all of the musicians.  I felt terrible for the students.  They worked very hard and sounded lovely.

The service was able to go on without me.  The structure was there and the hymns were able to be sung with standard hymnal arrangements.

A simple lesson here based on my OP "Who's In and Who's Out?" that you can plan to be "in" and within 24 hours of the performance, be "out" with this virus.  So please be safe.

Yes, I will be testing a few more times over the next couple weeks and we are following all quarantine protocols.

• Like 1

Jersey Surf: "Local Operations Are The Focus of 2021 Season Plan"

"With stringent COVID-19 protocols in our state and the neighboring states in which the preponderance of our members, staff and volunteers reside, the Jersey Surf Board of Directors will focus all 2021 programming on local activities exclusively. As such, the organization will not produce a traditional touring World Class Drum Corps for the 2021 season.

"'We have a number of exciting programs ready to deploy once the environment allows,' said Jersey Surf CEO Bob Jacobs. 'Our priority for 2021 is to get the greatest possible number of people involved in performing opportunities at the lowest possible cost… if and only if it is unquestionably safe to do so.'

"Additional information will be available in the new year."

https://jerseysurf.org/news/local-operations-are-the-focus-of-2021-season-plan/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Jersey Surf: "Local Operations Are The Focus of 2021 Season Plan"

"With stringent COVID-19 protocols in our state and the neighboring states in which the preponderance of our members, staff and volunteers reside, the Jersey Surf Board of Directors will focus all 2021 programming on local activities exclusively. As such, the organization will not produce a traditional touring World Class Drum Corps for the 2021 season.

"'We have a number of exciting programs ready to deploy once the environment allows,' said Jersey Surf CEO Bob Jacobs. 'Our priority for 2021 is to get the greatest possible number of people involved in performing opportunities at the lowest possible cost… if and only if it is unquestionably safe to do so.'

"Additional information will be available in the new year."

https://jerseysurf.org/news/local-operations-are-the-focus-of-2021-season-plan/

Thanks and update completed.