2021 - Who's In and Who's out?

7 hours ago, skevinp said:

I don’t believe in bridge mortgages.  If you want to buy a bridge, you should pay cash for it.  

I want to meet the guy trying to sell a bridge (or an oil well in Jersey) who takes a mortgage and not cash. 😈

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Anyone with a FloMarching account able to see this article?  Copy & paste?  I'm not paying a subscription fee to read their article that show be free & on the DCI website.  Or do they offer a "free" account to read articles?  ("Ain't nothing free")  

:soapbox:

https://www.flomarching.com/articles/6841866-dcis-tour-reopening-task-force-talks-getting-back-on-the-field-in-2021

UPDATE: I was able to access via their FB post:

https://www.flomarching.com/articles/6841866-dcis-tour-reopening-task-force-talks-getting-back-on-the-field-in-2021?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=63851ciworlchampion&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_rtid=63851&utm_coverageid=6356488&utm_content=interview&utm_term=thumbnail.dcitourreopeningtaskforce2021season

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

Was able to use the bottom link and imo strange combination of articles. First one has how DCI is going to be careful with what’s going on, making sure they follow CDC guidelines and basically be safe no matter what is possible.

Second article has headline with “packed weekend” of events. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot... If DCI is unsure how things will be in August (as none of us know) then why say a “packed weekend”? If that from DCI or Flo looking for $$$$.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, skevinp said:

I don’t believe in bridge mortgages.  If you want to buy a bridge, you should pay cash for it.  

I got one for ya....it's in Brooklyn

• Haha 2

I believe one thing that will impact 2021 that has not been discussed much (if at all) is 'How much $ will 2021 members be willing to pay for a 'something less than 2019' DCI experience?  

Are members going to pony up $4,000 for a few local/regional events & a short trip to Indy?  And with Corps memberships now national vs local, how many are willing to travel form all over (w/ associated costs) for a shortened tour & season with limited performance opportunities?

I know there are potential 2021 members on here - how do you see this working out?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I believe one thing that will impact 2021 that has not been discussed much (if at all) is 'How much $ will 2021 members be willing to pay for a 'something less than 2019' DCI experience?  

Are members going to pony up $4,000 for a few local/regional events & a short trip to Indy?  And with Corps memberships now national vs local, how many are willing to travel form all over (w/ associated costs) for a shortened tour & season with limited performance opportunities?

I know there are potential 2021 members on here - how do you see this working out?

So how do members pay for the cost of being in a DCI corps? And how is that affected by the pandemic.

Just had my caffeine and your post got me thinking... look out world 🤪

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

well it also depends on what the costs will be. based on the guidelines and protocols in the doc floating around out there on all of the safety measures, I wonder if a $4k fee is enough

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well it also depends on what the costs will be. based on the guidelines and protocols in the doc floating around out there on all of the safety measures, I wonder if a $4k fee is enough

Probably not, but a corps, with deep pockets, might eat more of the costs that are normally passed onto the mm.  "Hello fellow BOD member.  Well, we're going to need some extra financial help to get the corps involved with the 2021 scenario."