2021 - Who's In and Who's out?

18 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Wasn't the BD the first to "throw in the towel"?

They said that they’re not going to Indy, as did SCV & Surf;  they announced this right after DCI said  ‘we’re gonna do an Indy something but you Corps don’t have to come if you don’t want to.’   

Rest of Corps said ok, we’ll be there.  & since then the silence is defining. Personally I think there is about a 5% chance that DCI can pull this off.  Hope I’m wrong.   Maybe they could do a bunch of mini-Corps, I&E, & Soundsport stuff but  10-15 full size Corps?   Nope.  

53 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Let’s say waiting for the first one to reverse themselves on coming out in 2021

This.

The DCI 2021 season is a 3-legged stool.  Legs are Desire, Logistics, & Financials.  All 3 legs need to be in place or the stool falls down.  Right now there is one leg - Desire.  And it doesn't look good for the other 2 legs.

• Like 1

What’s the date for the DCI get together (not even sure officially what to call it). And at what stage are corps usually at in first part of February? Have to be getting close to that 6 months to go point.

21 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

What’s the date for the DCI get together (not even sure officially what to call it). And at what stage are corps usually at in first part of February? Have to be getting close to that 6 months to go point.

They had the January meeting; writeup on DCI.org had the same 'committed to Indy 2021' verbiage but no details whatsoever.

DCI is in the same boat as the Olympics - both know it is going to be almost impossible to move forward with 2021 plans, but they don't want to say this in public.  I just hope that behind the scenes they are being realistic & know when to officially throw in towel.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

They had the January meeting;

Did any new information about anything come out of the meeting? Does anyone know?

2 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

I haven’t heard a thing from Crown since the telethon. My guess is that the plans for a 2021 event aren’t passing the smell test and doesn’t make financial sense. I wish DCI would abandon this idea and begin looking towards 2022.

Yep.

Bad news never gets better with age.

8 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Oops twice this week I was unclear. I meant when is the event (not sure if it can be called DCI championship) at Indy scheduled for.