2021 - Who's In and Who's out?

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Illinois has has 1.17 million documented cases of Covid.  I’m sure there are people who had mild cases or were asymptomatic who never saw a doctor that would add to the tally.  They’ve administered almost 2 million doses of vaccine with 2 million more available to be used.  And this state is 47th in vaccinations administered. 13 million people live in Illinois.  We have to be making some progress just by the numbers.  You’re never going to get everyone to take the vaccine.  That’s just not going to happen. 

Yeah should not have checked after eating... PA percentage of available vaccines that have been given by state 44th. Percentage of population received vaccine 31st.... oy.... See you all 2022....

38 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Maybe DCI should dump Indy & move it to Maine.  

People in Maine and Vermont are some of the kindest Americans one could ever meet.  Life there is quite different than many other states.   The pace of life is a lot slower....friendlier.  So many genuine personalities.  You go there during normal times and you instantly feel at peace. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Continental said:

People in Maine and Vermont are some of the kindest Americans one could ever meet.  Life there is quite different than many other states.   The pace of life is a lot slower....friendlier.  So many genuine personalities.  You go there during normal times and you instantly feel at peace. 

Ditto for my weeks of work in NH. Can’t think of a large enclosed area in upper New England that could hold a DCI event for corps within a days drive.

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ditto for my weeks of work in NH. Can’t think of a large enclosed area in upper New England that could hold a DCI event for corps within a days drive.

Well, there's always Gillette.  Also, I did not intend to diminish anyone's loss. Just trying to be hopeful for the summertime.

5 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I drove through Vermont/New Hampshire on my drive to Portsmouth.   Some of the most beautiful terrain I have ever encountered. 

11 minutes ago, Continental said:

They’re super polite in Maine. I almost passed out when a motorist stopped and waved us out to let us turn left at an intersection.  I mean, they’re all like that.

Here, they’d shoot you before they’d let you out. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

They’re super polite in Maine. I almost passed out when a motorist stopped and waved us out to let us turn left at an intersection.  I mean, they’re all like that.

Here, they’d shoot you before they’d let you out. 

They really are all like that.   Please go visit if you can.   (not directed at your Terri)

Edited by Continental

7 minutes ago, Continental said:

I drove through Vermont/New Hampshire on my drive to Portsmouth.   Some of the most beautiful terrain I have ever encountered. 

Yep worked at Portsmouth (pronounced Ports-SMITH) naval yard. Which last court case I saw the base is now property of Maine 😆. Base is on an island and NH and ME been fighting over the boundary line for decades.

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Yep worked at Portsmouth (pronounced Ports-SMITH) naval yard. Which last court case I saw the base is now property of Maine 😆. Base is on an island and NH and ME been fighting over the boundary line for decades.

Lindt was near Portsmouth.  An experience I will never forget or take for granted. 

• Haha 1