2021 - Who's In and Who's out?

22 hours ago, Continental said:

People in Maine and Vermont are some of the kindest Americans one could ever meet.  Life there is quite different than many other states.   The pace of life is a lot slower....friendlier.  So many genuine personalities.  You go there during normal times and you instantly feel at peace. 

I have always been enamored with my aunt who is from Maine & her pronunciation of "Pecan Pie".  We say "pee-CON' pie but she says "pee-CAN" pie.  There's also the issue of unsweet vs. sweet tea & "coke" vs "soda". :spitting: 

Those became an issue as she lived most of her adult live in the Southern states. 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Good news: This past weekend I received the email from Spirit of Atlanta for their upcoming February 'virtual' camp for the 2021 season, tour, bridge tour, showcase, exhibition, extravaganza, etc.  March On!

:dancin:

Did it discuss member costs for the season?

2 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

i don’t know for sure Who’s In, Who’s Out, nor why either decision will be made. I do know there are work-arounds available to many.

One example is travel distance.  A group within an 8 hour radius drive could  participate without school district housing. If a group needs overnight lodging, there is the hotel option. Or, perhaps, private floor space with leased, portable comfort facilities. Maybe even dorm rooms.

This is “think outside the box” time. 

Readily available vaccines to anyone who wants one is no panacea.

I’m very anxious to see what develops. An event of some sort is sorely needed.

Building on that, the question that comes to mind is this.  Why in the world of webcasting would we want everyone (corps or fans) to travel to one location for a three-day event?

Seriously.  Given the choice of Indianapolis-only vs. adding several other regionally distributed sites, what are the points in favor of putting all eggs in the Indy basket?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I have always been enamored with my aunt who is from Maine & her pronunciation of "Pecan Pie".  We say "pee-CON' pie but she says "pee-CAN" pie.  There's also the issue of unsweet vs. sweet tea & "coke" vs "soda". :spitting: 

Those became an issue as she lived most of her adult live in the Southern states. 

You may have seen this - there is youtube channel by them  - 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
more better english
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Building on that, the question that comes to mind is this.  Why in the world of webcasting would we want everyone (corps or fans) to travel to one location for a three-day event?

Seriously.  Given the choice of Indianapolis-only vs. adding several other regionally distributed sites, what are the points in favor of putting all eggs in the Indy basket?

This was discussed a few pages back, & I think this may be the best option.  

Cavaliers just tweeted their percussion audition as well.

I recently read that Covid 19 most likely will be endemic. Meaning like the flu we may have to take a vaccine every year. Unfortunately Covid 19 is more contagious than your average flu especially these new strains. Masks are probably hear to stay for maybe as long as possible. I've visited Asia a few time in the 2000's and a lot of people back then wore masks because of SARS. That's probably why this thing has not hit them as hard as here. They know what to do and it's always their way of thinking.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

KA-CHING.... and hate to use a dirty word but sure Flo could use some busine$$....

How well the NCAA tournaments go might shed some light on multiple day events in Indianapolis. Basketball is not drum corps, obviously. But could still be some intelligence gained from the tournaments.