2021 - Who's In and Who's out?

17 hours ago, Ghost said:

Probably not, but a corps, with deep pockets, might eat more of the costs that are normally passed onto the mm.  "Hello fellow BOD member.  Well, we're going to need some extra financial help to get the corps involved with the 2021 scenario."

give me 10 corps with deep pockets that plan on doing whatever it is DCI will do this summer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

There at 2 corps who traditionally  are well off are not participating in any DCI events in 2021. That's probably why they have deep pockets.

One reason, but year round bingo has to be a major reason.  (That is if they can operate year round.)

10 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

There at 2 corps who traditionally  are well off are not participating in any DCI events in 2021. That's probably why they have deep pockets.

thank you for making my point

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

One reason, but year round bingo has to be a major reason.  (That is if they can operate year round.)

they found ways to do drive in bingo. but they've also found other ways to generate revenue

Another thing I have thought of re 2021 is - What kind of covid liability insurance will DCI &/or individual Corps require?  And what would it cost?  

We live in an increasingly litigious society, & if, heaven-forbid, a member or fan comes down with covid at a Corps or DCI event, there better be insurance in place.  Is this addressed in the covid guidelines DCI put out a short while back (I can't seem to find a copy; I know others here have one).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Another thing I have thought of re 2021 is - What kind of covid liability insurance will DCI &/or individual Corps require?  And what would it cost?  

We live in an increasingly litigious society, & if, heaven-forbid, a member or fan comes down with covid at a Corps or DCI event, there better be insurance in place.  Is this addressed in the covid guidelines DCI put out a short while back (I can't seem to find a copy; I know others here have one).

Insurance is one of "elephants in the room" that has been discussed here.

In addition to direct costs,of a member or fan getting covid,there are a number of potential peripheral costs.

Things like cleaning a facility if there is a covid infection or lost revenue for a facility if they can't hold an event because of an infection from a corps that used their facility.

• Like 1

I don't think they will have very many events, the risks of hosting are great. I had originally thought the cost for a maybe 3 show season would drive a lot of people away. However I looked at WGI many teams there do 2 regionals and finals. They get no apearence fees and many stay at hotels. The school units may be subsidised but members of independant units pay a lot of money for a very short season.  I have talked to some people who know more than I do and they were looking at maybe 2 shows then finals however nothing has been confirmed.   Personally I think for the money it will cost it is not a great value, however if  a marcher planned on marching in 2020 and next year you will finish school and move on and no longer have summers free this may be their last chance to do something drumcorps. I just hope that no corps run up debt to go to Indy this year which would prevent them from coming back for competitive seasons later on.

14 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

again find that 30 page DCI protocols doc floating out there.