2021 - Who's In and Who's out?

3 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Found a link on Twitter (26 mins ago):

https://spiritofatlanta.org/spiritreturns/

Thank you and updated.

16 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

Hearing Crown is finalizing plans. Should be an announcement in the next week or two. 

Please keep us updated and I will add the official announcement link when it is released.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, skevinp said:

This could be the year for ABBD.

if its even scored

33 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

if its even scored

I'm with you on that. My own best guess is that DCI may try and put on a "Celebration of Drum Corps" kind of event, more like a festival than a competition. There will be large variation in how the various organizations are able to prepare, so a true competition may be out of the question. We'll see.

Just a guess with nothing behind it other than gut feel.  😀

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I'm with you on that. My own best guess is that DCI may try and put on a "Celebration of Drum Corps" kind of event, more like a festival than a competition. There will be large variation in how the various organizations are able to prepare, so a true competition may be out of the question. We'll see.

I still don’t understand why an event that could possibly field close to 20 corps would not be scored. The same sheets could be used, but the champion might score a 94.5 instead of a 98.1. As far as spectators, most can’t tell the difference anyway. How many can really tell if the snare line ticked? If finals judges need to see a corps show prior, the corps can submit virtually and video it from every angle, even from the air. If a corps doesn’t want to be judged then they can do an exhibition section to the event.

5 hours ago, MikeD said:

There is already a variation in how the various organizations are able to prepare, but that has never stopped them from being scored.

31 minutes ago, skevinp said:

There is already a variation in how the various organizations are able to prepare, but that has never stopped them from being scored.

Possibly, but this is just my guess based, as I said, on nothing. 

If all they have is this event, I would not want it scored as a competition if I was part of a group that attended, but that is just me, not DCI.

44 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Possibly, but this is just my guess based, as I said, on nothing. 

If all they have is this event, I would not want it scored as a competition if I was part of a group that attended, but that is just me, not DCI.

I guess I was assuming there would be considerably more than a single event, just based on an expected desire of the corps to more fully justify the amount of preparation necessary to get to that point.