Email from DCI about 2021 Ticket Defferals

7 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Same here, most of my IT career was working with databases, including programming. Figure ticketing system runs off a database but how the bleep do you program for groups of people with different number of people in the group? Just too many questions and guesses to list here. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Found this about how the Miami Dolphins did it........  

In the stands, the seats closed off for distancing have covers with the Hard Rock Stadium logo on them, keeping them snapped in place. And how the pods will work is visible, with a 6-foot radius of empty seats around every group—that 13,000 number wasn’t arbitrary, the Dolphins actually modeled out the size of each season-ticketholder’s group, then placed them into the seating bowl to determine the new capacity.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/08/27/dolphins-preparation-fans-hard-rock-stadium

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I believe its up to each state's Governor.

Supposedly that's who makes the call.  Late in their season, the Korean Baseball Organization allowed a percentage of fans in.  When So. Korea had a spike in C19, the number of fans were cut back.  When their final Korean Series began, the number of fans in went back up.  If you watch any NFL games, try and get a glimpse of the corporate suites.  Sure looks like a lot of people bunched up inside.  

7 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thanks didn’t think how state laws affected this. Just interesting to me how groups of people (families?) are together and then the groups are social distanced. Wonder if that is done by seating or “honor system”.

We went to a musical held at an outdoor open air tent theater in Long Beach Island this summer. Basically, we ordered our tickets in advance for that performance. When we got to the tent, they had set up the exact number of folding chairs we had ordered in a row. There were no chairs immediately next to us...they were socially distanced apart in the row side to side. The rows themselves were also set up with social distance between them front to back. It worked well.

Of course, at Indy the seats and rows are there. DCI could do something similar in assigning actual seats in a social distanced manner, based on the particular order quantity of the group. It would be a manual effort, but it could work as it did at the theater.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Of course, at Indy the seats and rows are there. DCI could do something similar in assigning actual seats in a social distanced manner, based on the particular order quantity of the group. It would be a manual effort, but it could work as it did at the theater.

Thinking manual effort for the stadium seating reservations with automated blocking x number of seats and rows for distancing. And forget getting the seats you had before. (This applies to sports season ticket holders more than anyone else). In that case no worse than calling ticket office for stadium concerts and the like 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

10 hours ago, ShortyRock said:

Agreed!  Considering we already agreed to defer to 2021 season, it seems awful strange to now say I have to respond or they are converting it to a donation.  We aren't even to 2021 season yet so how is that even legal?  

probably because they can only hold it so long

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

I believe its up to each state's Governor.

In N.J., our Governor isn't allowing any fans at NFL games, even though they're open air stadiums.

He also wouldn't allow fans at Rutgers football games.

If anyone follows college football, that was the reason why, in the interest of fairness, no Big Ten 

game can have fans in the stands.

Rutgers had fans go?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Barneveld said:

@Jeff Ream is there any information regarding seating capacity, for Lucas Oil Stadium, in the DCI reopening guidelines  that you may have been made aware of?

nope. that was not a topic.

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thinking manual effort for the stadium seating reservations with automated blocking x number of seats and rows for distancing. And forget getting the seats you had before. (This applies to sports season ticket holders more than anyone else). In that case no worse than calling ticket office for stadium concerts and the like 

I attended an Indy Eleven (USL Championship division) match as recently as Late September at LOS and they were allowing to to 7500 in the lower bowl at that time, however we were required to keep masks on and maintain 6' distance on the concourse...as well as remaining in our purchased seat. Personally I felt safe in the stadium. 

• Thanks 1