Jump to content

Email from DCI about 2021 Ticket Defferals


Recommended Posts

Don't forget the new COVID tax deduction of 'cash' donation of $300 for FY2020.  I think it actually comes off of your tax liability or taxable income 'upfront' even if you don't itemize using Form 1040/Schedule A.  Yea!!!! 😂. I'm planning my donation now...

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/special-300-tax-deduction-helps-most-people-give-to-charity-this-year-even-if-they-dont-itemize 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, patrick643 said:

I finally decided to donate my funds. I’m resetting my countdown for DCI 2022 Championships. 

I did this as well. But I’ll be honest, I felt like I had my hands tied. I had no plans to attend bridge tour events in 2021, as it’s just a money grab with a few exhibitions at best. Would have much rather deferred my funds to 2022, especially the Super 3 package. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/11/2020 at 8:25 AM, Lead said:

I believe the current capacity for Colts games at LOS is 12,500

Hopefully Covid will be better under control and the numbers can be increased.  But, since this is a whole stadium number and not a one-side number, I wonder if this is one (of several) reasons why it will be a “showcase” rather than a competition. I.e. performances won’t be played exclusively to one side of the field.  On a side note, I’ve heard that corps will have the option of being scored at Indy but I don’t know if that means they can optionally compete or just exhibit or if the scoring would be just for internal use.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ghost said:

Live broadcast of their performances?

But non-competitive, possibly standstills of the same material for three straight days?  I doubt they will have enough corps participation to divide up the groups and fill each single day (and I’m guessing nor would each corps want to participate if it is to only perform once in the three days).  So will each corps get three performances?  Will they narrow the field each day somehow as the three days go on?  Will they be repeat performances each of the three days?  Will each corps participating prepare three “shows” so they can have three distinct performances?

I’m sure each corps participating wouldn’t play the same material three days in a row, so I am genuinely curious (as I’m sure everyone else is) what the plan and format for the event is.

Edited by Quad Aces
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Possibly this . . . 
 

Thursday -  a 15 corps Prelims. Modified scoring with less emphasis on drill and movement

Friday - Downtown support events as usual with a few additional standstill locations throughout the afternoon/evening. Outdoor Fanfest.

Saturday -  Top 10 compete for Champion, plus exhibitions, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, DrummerParent said:

Hopefully Covid will be better under control and the numbers can be increased.  But, since this is a whole stadium number and not a one-side number, I wonder if this is one (of several) reasons why it will be a “showcase” rather than a competition. I.e. performances won’t be played exclusively to one side of the field.  On a side note, I’ve heard that corps will have the option of being scored at Indy but I don’t know if that means they can optionally compete or just exhibit or if the scoring would be just for internal use.

Yes, nephew has Colts tickets.  
And 12,500 is spread across entire stadium, not just concert side.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Quad Aces said:

I’m sure each corps participating wouldn’t play the same material three days in a row, so I am genuinely curious (as I’m sure everyone else is) what the plan and format for the event is.

The little bit I gathered from one corps, I think it’s going to be quite different but not sure what that means.  Maybe i&e, drumline battles etc are brought into Lucas?  Perhaps shows are presented kind of like parent day where the designers talk a little about the show and the groups (battery, fe, high brass, low brass, guard) showcase individually a bit?  For a potential parent like me, I think that could be interesting for a one-off kind of year.  Not sure how the general fan would perceive it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DrummerParent said:

  For a potential parent like me, I think that could be interesting for a one-off kind of year.  Not sure how the general fan would perceive it.

However DCI puts this together, if there will be a "champion", I for one would not be all excited.  Maybe an asterisk to show that not all corps participated.  I know, I know.  In order to compete, you have to show up, but let's be real.  DCP would have fun if there was a competition without several of the heavyweights.  Almost like when top corps didn't compete in the VFW/AL Nationals.  If DCI receives word from enough corps that they are showing up, they might put some type of competition together, otherwise, I'll still go with "it's more for marketing and future recruiting."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...