Classic Cadets uniforms return to the field for 2021

8 hours ago, MikeD said:

The article says A safety pin....my entire uniform was held together with a PACK of safety pins, put in place by Aunt Nellie.   😃

i saw multiple social media posts referring to odor and packs of safety pins

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

i saw multiple social media posts referring to odor and packs of safety pins

For many years, if it would not have been for the magic of "Aunt Nellie", there would have been a ton of

"Wardrobe malfunctions" on the field.......especially after tempos got faster....lol................that said, so glad

they are returning to the uniform.........I hope that they have the guts after this year to "stay put" with it, and

buck the "costume" trend....................

• Like 1

I marched from 1981 to 1984 and my uniform was from the early 60's. It took about 8 safety pins to hold me together.... and a lot of baby powder when we went down south. But those unis were the thickest wool ever made for a uniform, not like the fabrics in the band uniform industry now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, njthundrrd said:

I marched from 1981 to 1984 and my uniform was from the early 60's. It took about 8 safety pins to hold me together.... and a lot of baby powder when we went down south. But those unis were the thickest wool ever made for a uniform, not like the fabrics in the band uniform industry now. 

Those wool cadet uniforms, prior to our tunic unis, were god awful in the heat. No amount of talcum powder or baby powder helped ease the suffering of those duds! The tunic tops were more breathable but the pants were polyester and weren’t much more breathable than the wool pants.

2 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

People thinking there will be a ‘21 season. Lol

Don't need a competitive season to announce a uniform choice.  Again, I'm thinking loads of marketing for future years and maybe some regional concerts in 21.

8 hours ago, njthundrrd said:

Mine was from 1961. I marched 70-72. Oh, yes, LOTS of baby powder! At the 71 VFW Nats in the Dallas Cotton Bowl, it was 135 degrees at field level for prelims. Our unis were already damp, as the week before VFW's we had done a Dolphin/49'er preseason game 1/2-time in Miami, televised on NBC with no commercials I was told. It POURED on us, as can happen in Miami.