Coldest drum corps show you attended or performed in?

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Denver was freezing in 78 at finals.  I would ordinarily throw off my jacket after a show but I kept it on because I was so cold.  That whole summer was kind of cool now that I think of it.  I remember cowering under the stadium freezing to death in Dekalb that year, too. 

They spelled Schaumburg wrong on the big board.

Jim said it snowed in Kenosha at the Memorial Day show when he was in Kilts.  I don’t remember ever being in a show with snow myself..

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Denver was freezing in 78 at finals.  I would ordinarily throw off my jacket after a show but I kept it on because I was so cold.  That whole summer was kind of cool now that I think of it.  I remember cowering under the stadium freezing to death in Dekalb that year, too. 

1999 was a pretty cool summer overall; except for the deep South.  I remember Denver show (elev 5280) & The Troopers home show in Cheyenne (elev 6063) were really cool in July.  I think it got down in the mid 50s those nights.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

There is no such thing as cold in drum corps. It's never happened. 

BD's practice field -- Mars -- would like a word.

Mars would also like a word when the subject of hot days or windy days comes up.  

Coldest ever was DCA prelims in Rochester NY.  I think it was Hurricane Ernesto.  It was about 40 degrees and was dropping a foot of rain per hour.  Horizontal rain ...... it was painful and cold.  I got back to the hotel and sat in the shower on super hot until I could feel my thighs again....... 45 minutes later. 

1 hour ago, supersop said:

Coldest ever was DCA prelims in Rochester NY.  I think it was Hurricane Ernesto.  It was about 40 degrees and was dropping a foot of rain per hour.  Horizontal rain ...... it was painful and cold.  I got back to the hotel and sat in the shower on super hot until I could feel my thighs again....... 45 minutes later. 

Didn’t make it that year but watched on line. Didn’t realize it was that cold just the sideways rain and wind. Bought the DVDs and part of Prelims CorpsVets (name used them) had no sound due to conditions. After them no other corps were recorded at Prelims to protect the equipment

1 hour ago, supersop said:

It was brutal

As a spectator... 1976 DCA Finals in Rochester, NY. Absolutely crazy cold that night.