Coldest drum corps show you attended or performed in?

24 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

As a spectator... 1976 DCA Finals in Rochester, NY. Absolutely crazy cold that night. 

Reminds me one of the nights Kidsgrove was at Rochester was nuts also. Remember it because we heard their show from the parking lot as were in the car with the heater cranked. 

2 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

We were totally dead by the time we got back to our hotel after our run...brutal doesn't begin to describe it.

I didn't feel human again for hours.

imagine staying and watching the whole show

On 2/13/2021 at 12:36 AM, Jeff Ream said:

imagine staying and watching the whole show

Or staying and announcing the whole show from the unfinished, open-air press box area...  with wind-driven rain and/or drizzle coming in all day and evening. LOL. 

Not a super fun day. 😂

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Or staying and announcing the whole show from the unfinished, open-air press box area...  with wind-driven rain and/or drizzle coming in all day and evening. LOL. 

Not a super fun day. 😂

Didn’t make it that year but was nuts watching it from home. Camera shaking from wind, wind change direction and it was like someone threw water on the lens. 😬

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Not a super fun day. 😂

and i was not far behind you in that unfinished area

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Didn’t make it that year but was nuts watching it from home. Camera shaking from wind, wind change direction and it was like someone threw water on the lens. 😬

DCA did a live stream in 2006??

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

DCA did a live stream in 2006??

Yep... IIRC first or second one they ever did. Just before copyright wars happened so for the next 24 hours you could rewatch as much as you wanted. My mom passed month before so sold our tickets and stayed home. Just not up for the trip but that’s how I know it was 2006. Just one camera up top and no commentary. No frills but sure beat not seeing it at all.

lol had it on the PC screen in back of the house. That sucked so bad it lit a fire under my butt to get the WiFi set up so we could use the tv

Edited by JimF-LowBari

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and i was not far behind you in that unfinished area

Yep!!! That was a crazy day, for sure.