Coldest drum corps show you attended or performed in?

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yep... IIRC first or second one they ever did. Just before copyright wars happened so for the next 24 hours you could rewatch as much as you wanted. My mom passed month before so sold our tickets and stayed home. Just not up for the trip but that’s how I know it was 2006. Just one camera up top and no commentary. No frills but sure beat not seeing it at all.

lol had it on the PC screen in back of the house. That sucked so bad it lit a fire under my butt to get the WiFi set up so we could use the tv

Thinking more about it only Prelims were shown (I think). That or there was an extra charge I didn’t want to pay as just wanted to see the shows. Just don’t remember watching Finals.

13 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Didn’t make it that year but was nuts watching it from home. Camera shaking from wind, wind change direction and it was like someone threw water on the lens. 😬

You didn't have a Hawiian-print parka??

1 hour ago, 84BDsop said:

Wrong guy Sam. But that’s a good one.. 😆

Edited by JimF-LowBari

14 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Or staying and announcing the whole show from the unfinished, open-air press box area...  with wind-driven rain and/or drizzle coming in all day and evening. LOL. 

Not a super fun day. 😂

(sent to the right person this time!)

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Yep!!! That was a crazy day, for sure. 

one of the few times drum corps fandom related i have ever said "why the #### did i do that"

On 2/14/2021 at 8:47 PM, Fran Haring said:

Or staying and announcing the whole show from the unfinished, open-air press box area...  with wind-driven rain and/or drizzle coming in all day and evening. LOL. 

Not a super fun day. 😂

A good day if you marched in Reading

30 minutes ago, Bucbari said:

A good day if you marched in Reading

That reminded me... didn’t go so sold tickets to parents of a Buccs member. They belonged to my alumni type corps so 50% off and bring back a program. Watching at home, Buccs come out and hear mom yelling “yeah (name)”. I emailed another member of the group who was there to say the Mike picked her out REAL good. 😈😈

Edited by JimF-LowBari