2020 Is Almost Over. What Will You Remember?

11 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

And you will have to settle for memories, because we just had a second such thread completely disappear from this forum.  What is up with that?

Was it honestly a loss?  

11 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Long ago and far away.  

So much better than it is today...

a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

• Like 1

I'm hopeful we'll look back on 2020 as a prompt for serious rethinking regarding the financial models and management of the musical arts nonprofits sponsoring drum corps. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 8:28 PM, greg_orangecounty said:

Was it honestly a loss?  

We had some people giving good inside information which made up for the BS elsewhere. But can understand the reason the user requested the deletion. To think I didn’t give my name because of ID thieves. This weekend reported two threats on another SM site. 

Back to real life until concrete plans come out. Currently burning DC vinyl and cassettes to mp3 format for archiving.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

We had some people giving good inside information which made up for the BS elsewhere. But can understand the reason the user requested the deletion.

Yes, but I still do not understand why the entire 50-page thread was deleted because of someone who only joined in at page 48.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Yes, but I still do not understand why the entire 50-page thread was deleted because of someone who only joined in at page 48.

Not sure when that person jumped in but hoped changing the DCP name would solve the problem. Older version of DCP would change the name on previous posts not sure about this one. And no idea of what name is shown on quotes. 

16 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

because someone was getting harassed

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

because someone was getting harassed

So why delete the 47 pages of thread that had nothing to do with him?

Meanwhile, 3,658 posts by that same poster remain here.  Quite a few are C-19 related, and they all have his real name attached.  Why are they not deleted?